Jammed Drum

my new kahr 50 rounder has jammed inside, is there a safe way to open it up while wound up? the first 5 shells came out , i can move it backwards inside but not forward

EDIT ok sorry i just said screw it and opened it there was a shell laying flat was able to hold the spring and flip it up and pop the cover back on working good again

Edited by shotgun_lobotomy

it works almost flawlessly, ive had a few jams but no more than other semis ive used, still new so i got some breaking in to do, no copper ring that i know of. im sure i must have had it fall over before i put the top onthe rail was actually bent around it. its one of the newer ones with the round cocking knob

sorry about the size i forget ppl dont run at the same resolution as me (1800x1440) ill remove it, anyways most of the jams were prob my fault, i reload my own ammo and all and need to get it just right for each gun lol. as to the rail, i mean the one inside the drum the shell was actually pressed down into it and i had to bend it back (metal seems a lil weak to me i dodnt even notice anything closeing the drum) im used to all my guns haveing a breakin period, im used to going into a gun and file'n and fixxing. my best friend is a cert gunsmith. i think alot of my problems come from such a heavy spring on the bolt it seems to be really really strong for something in a 45acp. anyways im still getting used to this gun, im used to 1911's and ak varients

PS: took it out yesterday and put about 800 rounds thro it and had a total of about 3 jams, not too bad IMO