• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kilroyjones

kilroyjones

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:32 AM

What is the reason for the drum rotors being nickle plated? Does it actually improve the performance or just eye candy? KJ

#2 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:29 AM

I'm guessing with oil its slippery that just a steel/steel contacts also rust prevention would be another guess. also high quality workmenship.

AF where are you on this one laugh.gif biggrin.gif -adlake

#3 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2086 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:38 AM

adlake - did you notice the one you are bidding on evilbay has no plating???? West Hurley????

#4 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:27 PM

I'm not sure, but I believe Nikel does not rust... But I may be wrong.
Best, Z

#5 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:18 AM

giantpanda4

Sure did. I got a "MT" drum here with a key, and I need a rotor for it. I guess I fail to see your comment of the lack of plating. The drum is a WWII type and the key I'm guessing is a WH type-Adlake