Anybody Get There Drums Yet?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:06 PM

Was Fullauto in the first wave of orders?

#42 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:31 PM

Just got the following:

If you recall, we had to backorder some of your merchandise on your order # 265xxxxx you placed with us. When you placed the order, we gave you an estimated ship date based on the information given to us from our supplier. Unfortunately, the item below will not be available in the time frame that we anticipated, and the new expected shipping date is shown:

Item: 92953-000-000
Description: NEW THOMPSON 50 RD DRUMS
Quantity: 1
Amount: 359.97
Total: 359.97
Expected Ship Date: 12/30/05

We do need your approval to keep the item on backorder. Please take a moment and call or email us if you still wish to receive the merchandise after the new expected ship date. Contact our Customer Service Department toll-free 1-800-882-2945 or click "reply" to email.

If we do not receive a reply from you within ten days we will cancel your backordered merchandise, in compliance with FTC law.

We have not charged your card for the above item. If you choose to keep the item on order, we will charge your card when we ship the item.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you for shopping the Guide.

#43 OldFalGuy

OldFalGuy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Sporting Clays, Skeet, Reloading and just plain Living

Posted 28 September 2005 - 01:22 AM

I have been sweating bullets on this SG back order since others had over a week ago received eiher an email or a postcard that things were running late and lack of response would delete ones order-

So glad I too received the same above email-

We may never see them- that is surely a real possibility but at least we are still in the game.

Mark

#44 guy1074

guy1074

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:24 AM

I wonder if SG isn't just pulling dates out of the air with these updated back-order notices. About a month before I caught word of the drums, I had placed an order for a fair quantity of their American Ammunition (.45 of course) because it was SO cheap. Since then, I must have received at least 5 updated back-order notices, pushing back the expected ship date over 6 months from when they original expected to ship.

Guess the only options are to wait or cancel. Think I'll keep waiting...

-Richard

#45 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Sgt @ Sep 27 2005, 10:06 PM)
Was Fullauto in the first wave of orders?

Yes, and the second.

#46 Chopper28

Chopper28

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 699 posts
  • Interests:Class III stuff and Harleys

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:28 PM

I got the same email from them

#47 railroader

railroader

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Retirement, Firearms, Golf, model railroading

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:36 PM

I never got an e-mail from Sportsmans, so I called them and was told my date was changed from Nov 4 to Dec 30. Whatever.

#48 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:03 PM

Finally got my notice for Dec also.

#49 First Sergeant

First Sergeant

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 757 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 01:44 PM

Just a thought. How many signed up for their Buyer's Club at $30 to save more than that on a drum or two? Have they billed you the Club price already? If so and they don't come through on the drums I wonder if they will refund the club price. Or is this just another clever way to scam $30 from everyone? Just curious. I'm from Ohio so I have to watch from the sidelines....Gesh !!

Chuck

#50 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:00 PM

I thought of the same thing myself. I didn't realize they were going to continually take $8.00 a month out of my credit card. I cancelled my club, but wonder if they will now not give me the discount, because the delivery was delayed. Boy, if that is the case, it is the slickest scam I've seen in a long time.

#51 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (First Sergeant @ Sep 29 2005, 01:44 PM)
Just a thought. How many signed up for their Buyer's Club at $30 to save more than that on a drum or two? Have they billed you the Club price already? If so and they don't come through on the drums I wonder if they will refund the club price. Or is this just another clever way to scam $30 from everyone? Just curious. I'm from Ohio so I have to watch from the sidelines....Gesh !!

Chuck

Wouldn't know.... Because of complainers from this board I was stripped of my club membership and they did refund my money plus charged me non-membership prices on the items I purchased.... Which is cool with me.... I can live with that if I am able to add some drums to the ole collection.....

Blaine