- - - - -

Knob Creek

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 catnipman

catnipman

• Regular Group
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Tommy guns, what else? Actually, other machine guns too, vegetable gardening, cooking, PCs, woodworking, football, travel, cinema, books, medicine, nutrition, politics, cats, and art.

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:20 PM

Hurry out and buy today's (10/15/03) Wall Street Journal. There's a great review of the Knob Creek event on page D14 of the "Personal Journal" section that is titled "Trigger Happy: Family Fun With Machine Guns" and written by Ed Yost who attended the event and had a blast!

#2 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:29 PM

Article was good support of our hobby. It will be interesting to see the letters the WSJ gets from the liberal public. Its rare for this type of article to appear in the WSJ as they tend to be supportive of a liberal agenda.

#3 Earle

Earle

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Firearms from BB guns to Class 3
    Lionel Trains
    Harleys and Corvettes
    US Navy - Retired

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:34 PM

Here is the link to the article online. Take a look at the reader comments, I think you'll find most of them are on our side.

http://www.opinionjo...a/?id=110004165

Earle

#4 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3455 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 04:49 PM

The Journal is fairly conservative. It is the New York Times that would never give up ad space for a positive story on MG plinking.

#5 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:02 PM

I have to agree with Arthur on this. The WSJ has a strong libertarian current running through it. smile.gif cool.gif It is the New York Times which could be more accurately characterized as a liberal (read:freedom-hating) forum. mad.gif sad.gif All the same, it is refreshing to see some honesty at a major media outlet! biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif Regards, Walter

#6 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4573 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 15 October 2003 - 07:11 PM

I have to agree. One of the best positive articles about firearms I've seen since a newspaper wrote the article about me buying my M1 from the local PD. Maybe we can get this guy to the Thompson Collectors show sometime.

#7 catnipman

catnipman

• Regular Group
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Tommy guns, what else? Actually, other machine guns too, vegetable gardening, cooking, PCs, woodworking, football, travel, cinema, books, medicine, nutrition, politics, cats, and art.

Posted 16 October 2003 - 10:47 AM

Earle, thanks for finding and posting the link. Even better than reading the comments there, post one folks! That forum probably gets more attention than this one smile.gif