Earlier Dod Confiscations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:18 AM

In a current post, Z3 Big Daddy mentions how the NRA helped gunowners retain their "US Property" marked firearms. I was wondering if this is in reference to the two M1 Thompsons that were recently confiscated by the DOD. If so, could some give me an update on how that situation finally turned out. Thanks

#2 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:21 PM

Sgt,

All I know is what I read in the AR magazine. I tried to find more information at the NRA website and was unable to find additional info. Their website is not very user friendly and very cluttered.... I have the NRA link in my sig perhaps someone else would be able to find more info than I could.

On the positive side it seems as though they have been publishing more articles on full auto guns as of late.......

#3 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:34 PM

Thanks guys! That is really good to hear. I need to renew my subscription with the NRA. I think they are very important!