• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigu2fan

bigu2fan

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:22 AM

Just recently took delivery of a Bridgeport/Savage TSMG M1 and would like to purchase some new recoil springs. I am looking for original, i.e. circa WWII, recoil springs that are unused. I would feel better about shooting this fine old weapon with a known new recoil spring because who knows how many rounds the original spring has on it. Does anyone here know who/where to go for new old stock M1 recoil springs? I do know want West Hurley or Kahr springs. Thanks very much in advance for any help you can give!

--Will
willgreenlee@yahoo.com

Edited by bigu2fan, 08 October 2005 - 08:22 AM.

#2 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4556 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:46 AM

Try board member, Phil Askew in Michigan. His e is philfordparts@yahoo.com. He has what you need and more. That's where I got mine.

#3 Chopper28

Chopper28

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:Class III stuff and Harleys

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:53 AM

Glen Whitenburger on this board sells new manf. recoil springs and they are excellent quality. Watch the length and number of coils on the old springs. I have seen them vary greatly. BTW the M1 uses the same spring as the 1928.

#4 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:54 AM

I got a m-1 spring, WWII looks unused and in nice shape, also a Kahr front sight I wouldn't mind unloading-adlake