4 replies to this topic

#1 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 10:18 AM

Thompson 1928 Support Kit with Stock.

Kit includes: buttstock (without metal, except crossbolt), ejector, hammer pin, bolt, trigger spring, sear spring, frame latch, frame latch spring, hammer, disconnector, rocker and felt oiler. Stock new, all parts in new to like-new condition. $39.95

http://www.sportsman...cb.asp?a=208584

#2 skoda

skoda

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:11 PM

I bought one of these 'kits'. The parts are like new but the oiler has a small sticker that says, "Made in India".

I didn't know that India was producing 1928 Thompsons but aparently so. Maybe they make L and C drums as well. Maybe they make Long barrel 38 super Thompsons with bipods. Maybe........

#3 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:28 AM

Sarco is offering the same kit....... #......TMP109...... for........ $34.50 same kit. I just ordered another, can't have too many-adlake

#4 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:26 AM

Why is the M1A1 kit $79.99 for the same parts, san stock?

#5 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1021 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:30 AM

Skoda: The "made in India" breech oilers were a hot topic several months ago on this board. They were advertised as "genuine U.S. G.I.". The metal is not shaped correctly and you will need to rebend it to get it to fit into your gun. unsure.gif In addition it is not made out of spring steel. blink.gif You may want to check the old posts. ph34r.gif