Photo
- - - - -

Opinions On Wolff Gunsprings For M1 Tsmg?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bigu2fan

bigu2fan

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:37 AM

I am not having a ton of luck finding new-old-stock WWII era recoil springs for my recently-arrived Bridgeport/Savage M1. Phil Askew said he is out of them, and I'd rather not use SARCO's springs because who knows how many rounds those have fired.

With that in mind, what is the general consensus on the Wolff Gunsprings M1 TSMG springs? They are advertised here: http://www.gunspring...mpson_RsNF.html Why are they called "extra power?"

Or, if anyone has any new-old-stock WWII M1 springs available, please send me an e-mail.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

--bigu2fan
willgreenlee@yahoo.com

#2 bigu2fan

bigu2fan

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 01:54 PM

Phil:

Thanks very much for your input. I guess I am worrying too much, which is my tendency :-) I'll order a few from Sarco and try the Wolff Springs, both of which are darned cheap.

--Will

#3 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:20 AM

"They cure many inscrutable problems with various guns."

I have an Auto Mag that was inscrutable and after popping a set of Wolff springs in, it was totaly scrutable..... So I can attest to them helping in that gun.... Never had any Thompson spring probs*.....

*As in I just use the factory stuff with no problems...

#4 Tman

Tman

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, in general

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:10 AM

I use Wolff springs in my M1, M1A and 1911. I've never had a problem with them. BTW, if you are a law enforcement officer, they give a 33% discount.

#5 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:00 AM

I ordered a set of Wolff Springs for my Reising because of repeated jams but after doing a disassembly yesterday and stretching the hammer spring a bit it fired super last night in a test .. WOOT!!.. tongue.gif

I will replace all the springs anyway so I figgered it wouldn't hurt to try the spring stretching .. cool.gif

#6 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:59 AM

WOOT? What is a WOOT?

Working for GM I though I had heard all of the TLAs (3 letter acronyms) that existed! biggrin.gif

#7 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:07 PM

I would say that getting Wolffs catalog would explain everthing in there. They explain everything about springs and it opened my eyes on the importance of them. "veriable' and 'conventional' springs are explained and "extra Power" in great detail. if you own any other weapons which take springs. This book is indispenceable.-adlake

#8 kilroyjones

kilroyjones

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (giantpanda4 @ Oct 19 2005, 10:59 AM)
WOOT? What is a WOOT?

Working for GM I though I had heard all of the TLAs (3 letter acronyms) that existed! biggrin.gif

TLA's not to be confused with ETLA's*

* Extended Three Letter Acronym