• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 akviper

akviper

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:07 AM

This has probably been covered before, but I was visiting with a WW II/Korea era veteran armorer. He told me that the M1A1 and 1928 lower receivers were interchangable and that he used to swap them to allow the M1A1 to have a removable buttstock. Since I only have a M1A1 and my buddy with the 1928 moved away I have no way to check this out. I have looked on the FAQ and other sources but cannot confirm or disprove this. Will a 1928 lower with the removable stock work on my M1A1? Thanks for your time and trouble

#2 Roland the Thompsongunner

Roland the Thompsongunner

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:I am into motorcycles both dirt and street. Musclecars, and WWII reenacting and weapons.

Posted 18 October 2005 - 05:41 AM

They interchange, but the back does not line up exactly. Just a cosmetic thing and does not affect functionality. I put an M1 on my 1928 for shooting just to save the wear and tear on my matching lower. Dan

#3 amafrank

amafrank

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:MG's of all types. Cannons that can be transported by normal people. Fine firearms of all descriptions.

Posted 22 October 2005 - 09:33 PM

my 28 lower won't fit either my M1 or M1A1 but its close. A little work would make things go but its not worth it to me....might dig through part sets to find a lower that would go.
Frank

#4 EM1/SS

EM1/SS

• Regular Group
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:19 AM

When I got my M1A1 it came with a 1928 lower on it. I've never had a problem with it.

Ken