Wts: Thompson 28 Wh , Fbi , Drum, Parts,$16.3k Pic

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 ClevelandShooter

ClevelandShooter

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Class 3,Beer, VietNam era small arms, Beer, Harley-Davidson's, Beer, and as Car and driver once said "Torque and Recoil"

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:46 PM

No arty, my question to you is sell me two transferable Thompson 28's , blued with vertical stocks, ribbed barrels and cutts compensator's for what I have in 2 transferable Thompson's and 3 Title 1 Guns for the same amount. It's simple, and as i said Put Up Or shut up. Please enlighten a novice like me how I could get more bang for my buck????

You always dodge the question. How convenient

Bill Out

#42 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:23 PM

Don't get your panties in a wad over AF, he is like the village idiot of Thompsons on here. laugh.gif

#43 must

must

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:all Thompsons, M1 carbines, & early Mustangs

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:35 PM

[COLOR=red]THOMPSONS, THEY ARE ALL THOMPSONS BUT MADE IN DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. SOME WHERE MADE IN HARTFORD, CONN., SOME IN BRIDGEPORT, CONN., SOME IN WEST HURLEY, NEW YORK ( JUSTED MANUFACTURED IN DIFFERENT DECADES OF TIME).
I LIKE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRENT FROM UTAH. cool.gif

#44 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:22 AM

i must admit after reading all of this.......it's almost better then the spare part's kit storie's...and we have ,young,old,informed,not informed chiming in on all of it...

and sorry to say nobody has bought that m1a1 wes-hurley tommy...maybe i can shoot the heck out of it,put a few mark's on it,not clean it and ask.....$13,000.00 shipped..funny thing the last three that are advertised now are all at $15,000.00............way above this one..that just go's to show you talk is cheap,and alot of people do that alway's... when it's time to cut that big check they get the cold sweat's and itchy hand's..

it will sell.......they alway's do...i have been converted!! and have seen the light..

maybe i should not throw in any spare part's and alot of mag's...and be like everybody else. one mag"and no soup for you" wink!! have fun guy's please no bad remark's....

people who own any kind of thompson are supposed to be a "step above"

take care,ron

p.s. i think a mp-40 owner once told me that, or maybe it was a fg-42

#45 45wheelgun

45wheelgun

• Regular Group
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:55 AM

I find it interesting that the price of WH seems to be out pacing the price of WWII guns. Just saw a M1 selling for 16.5k. Hummm seems the public and the consumer has spoken about these "replicas". Their prices are rising faster then the WWII guns....soon to be catching the colts. Several years ago there was a 25-33% difference between a WWII gun and a WH. That gap seems to have closed quite a bit. Considering my rate of return for owning a WH was 28.6% a year for 8 years, I did better with it then had I purchased a WWII gun.

Not only that, but side cocking guns are for pussys who can't crank it from the top.

#46 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (45wheelgun @ Oct 31 2005, 05:55 AM)

Not only that, but side cocking guns are for pussys who can't crank it from the top.

laugh.gif

#47 gunrunner

gunrunner

• Regular Group
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:52 AM

I have nothing against West Hurley's and that was not the intent of my original post. I am new to Thompson’s, within the last year and wound up with two. My reason for selling the West Hurley was nothing more than needing the cash for a DLO/Andrewski Sterling MK4 and to take some cash off the table. I shoot my C&R Savage 28 Thompson and love every minute of it. I personally think the Hurley guns will continue to climb in value and will regret not keeping both. Their are few people that can spend 20K for a toy / hobby and even less that can spend 40K for toy/hobby. To me that is where the Hurley's have the advantage, for now. Any machinrgun owner should be proud of there collection / investment, they are just like land and there will be no more. We are also a very unique, privileged and small class of people. cool.gif

gunrunner