Reproduction Fbi Case

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RonO

RonO

• Regular Group
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:58 AM

Does someone make a cheaper (read less quality) FBI hard case for a 1928 Thompson than Greg Fox (Orlando,FL) His are beautiful and probably worth the $500+, but I actually want to carry a gun in it to the range on a weekly basis and not use it as a display piece !

#2 Asmodeus

Asmodeus

• Regular Group
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:21 AM

I use the Kahr case for my 1928. It's a little long, since it is designed for a 16" barrel, but at $139 it makes a nice accompanyment on regular range trips since I don't have to worry about it getting banged up.

Kahr Thompson Hardcase

Edited by Asmodeus, 25 October 2005 - 09:21 AM.

#3 1921A

1921A

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:10 AM

RonO

Watch ebay. Older model replica cases turn up there periodically. Price varies but it looks like they can be bought in the $125-$150 range. Try a search for "Thompson Gun" or "Thompson submachine gun." Also, Numerich Arms used to offer their $139 hardcase in a shorter version designed to fit the SMGs. You had to know it was available - I don't remember them advertising it. You might check with them for leftovers or contact Kahr to see if they make the short case.

Greg Fox

#4 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:00 PM

One member here modified a long case, cutting out the middle and spliced the two ends back together for a shorter size. That may not fit everyone's aesthetics, but is certainly an option.

#5 SecondAmend

SecondAmend

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 610 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:36 PM

Others have previously noted that the longer "semi-auto" case allows the user to carry two drums, which may be regarded as a plus feature by some.

#6 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 08:01 PM

I too have the wider case and would be interested in a smaller one for about $100.
Since it does get heavily used, I don't want to spend $500 on one.

#7 Ltcboy

Ltcboy

• Regular Group
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:01 PM

I saw a guy on here that made a really neat case out of a Craftsman 44" carpenter's toolbox. I have tried to find that post , but to no avail. He actually made the inside all tricked out and it looked pretty sharp.

MIke