Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:39 PM

Anyone see this, pretty cool stuff in slow-mo

TCA video

#2 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2086 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:02 AM

Nick,

Excellent Video!

Really helps explain to others what the pepper poppers shoot is all about!

Thanks!

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:47 AM

Cool video. Brings back the pain of placing 3rd! laugh.gif

#4 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:00 PM

Pretty cool! Who were those people?

#5 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2911 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:19 PM

John, everyone is a TCA member. Why don't you join us next year. I guarantee a good time...and bring Sam!

#6 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (TD. @ Oct 28 2005, 08:19 PM)
John, everyone is a TCA member. Why don't you join us next year. I guarantee a good time...and bring Sam!

He has bee pestering the hockey out of me to go up there, one day I guess we will do it. Should I bring my colt (M16?)

laugh.gif

#7 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2911 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:14 AM

I suggest bringing your non-colt Thompson. Mine always serves me well at the show and shoot!

#8 TSMG28

TSMG28

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:10 PM

John Jr,

The official title of the annual TCA get-together is "The All Thompson Show and Shoot", but a few non-Thompsons do show up in the afternoon open shoot, as Phil mentioned. I agree with TD. Leave the M-16 at home and show up with anything Thompson, or just bring yourself. You will be welcomed.

I made it to the semi-finals of the pepper poppers this year, but was bested by the eventual winner. The steel plates are a great experience, but it's tough to choose between that and the interesting things you find on the adjacent range where Phil was.

There is also the Western Thompson Show and Shoot that usually occurs in April in Arizona, if I recall correctly. Its format is somewhat different, and I would love to participate some time but haven't made it out there yet. If you are a member of TCA, it is all explained in the quarterly newsletter.

Come and join us at one venue or the other!

Roger

#9 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 551 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:13 PM

Mike, at least you made it to 3rd!!
I was shooting really well that day....kinda in the "zone" until the gun misfed! Then it misfed again and I was out! (although in between the misfeeds I beat the eventual winner in the second of three)

Rule # 1 - clean your gun between the AM and afternoon shoots!
Rule # 2 - bring something to eat so that when the family is hungry they can eat while you clean the gun! (see rule # 1!)

I loaned the gun in the AM to another as well as my Son and I, so we did 300 rounds before the afternoon shoot. And I was about 3 rounds in when the gun misfed, so that's about 420-450 rounds with no additional cleaning or lube (I''e kicked myself a few tomes already for not simply adding a few drops of CLP to the pads!!)

Happiness is a clean gun (bang, bang, shoot, shoot!)!

Just wait til next year! I'm bringing my solvent bucket and I'll strip the whole gun down between heats!! wink.gif

Bwaaaahahahahahaaaaaa!!

But it sure was fun!

john