• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 ranger7

ranger7

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 05:39 PM

Worked perfectly without the extra notch. biggrin.gif 120 flawless shots from 20 and 30 round sticks.

Next trip will try to work more with the drum.

#22 ranger7

ranger7

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

O.K.. The drum mounts well with just a little wobble. The "bolt locking back" problem has been corrected. I seem to be able to shoot "all day" from the stick mags without failures.

I'm still getting mis-feeds from the drum. The emties extract and eject O.K. but the loaded rounds sometimes jam at 45 degrees vertically and other times I've found one at 45 degrees (horizontally) down in the drum.

Any suggestions here on things to look at, like varying the spring tension or anything else?

Also who is the best "drum doctor" if I want to send it off to get it looked at? Anybody here done that and what is a ball park repair cost?

Is there much value in trying to get Kahr to replace the drum again or will I be trading one problem for another? I can't see much point in returning the drum to Sarco as there's just additional delay when they send it back to Kahr. Sarco didn't want to give me a refund which would have been my preferred solution. (Actually a Kahr drum that works reliably is my preferred solution.)

#23 Motorcar

Motorcar

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 601 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:04 PM

Try Kahr first, they should be required to stand behind their product, Merele I think refuses to work on the new Kahr drums but all say he is the expert, PK may get it adjusted for you if he has the time with all his other work, contact him if Kahr won't fix it right.