Sportsman Guide L Drums

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TheTodd

TheTodd

• Regular Group
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:53 AM

I checked online on my order for the WWll Thompson L Drum part #HX5A1-92953. It said that it had been canceled. I guess that I won't be getting one for Christmas now. Has anyone checked on their order? If not, maybe you should. Thanks...TheTodd
soapbox.gif

#2 the Mad Scientist

the Mad Scientist

• Regular Group
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:13 PM

I ordered mine 11/6 and was number 276 on the list.I just checked and the order is still valid with an expected ship date of 12/30.
Maybe you should call them for an explanation as to why your order was cancelled.
I was told they would have enough drums to fill the backorder list.It seems as though they are only getting as many as they have orders for.A bit strange,unless they don't want to buy more than they have immediate sales for.
Good luck!
Bruce.

#3 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 11:08 PM

How did you find out what number you were on the list?

#4 TheTodd

TheTodd

• Regular Group
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 11:58 PM

North Carolina doesn't have a high cap ban. I will call tomorrow. Thanks...TheTodd

#5 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 18 November 2005 - 06:24 AM

Ok, now I'm scared. I have my emails acknowledging my request to extend the backorder. When I look up my order status, it said, order not on file. I haven't called yet, but does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

#6 mgdoc8307

mgdoc8307

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Class 3's of all kinds. Currently shoot several hk's uzi,m16. Also deliver babies on the side. Motorcycles-two antique Triumphs, sportscars-1965 Cobra and 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe. Scuba diving.

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:17 AM

Just called Sportman's guide-my two are still backordered until 12/30/05. I placed the order on 08/01/05.

#7 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:38 AM

Ok, I had to make a phone call to confirm my backorder is still active. Everything is fine. Apparently, their webpage search didn't work for me. So if you are have problems getting your status from the web page, be sure to give them a call instead.

#8 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 768 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:49 PM

Sgt: F.Y.I., The Sportsman's guide order checker on their site will only show orders placed within the last 30 days so if you ordered before then you must call them to check on the status your order. I will wait till the end of the year and see if these babies come through, wouldn't even care to speculate if or when it will happen, will be ecstatic if it does. laugh.gif

Mike Hammer

#9 Mk VII

Mk VII

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:30 PM

I saw some of these drums last weekend, a Seymour and a Crosby. http://www.rytonarms...k/shop/shop.php
At that price, I think I'll stick to my Universal.