5 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1250 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:01 PM

I have a "blank" 20-round mag (no markings). How do you tell if it's a Colt-made mag or a later WWII manufacture? Any previous posts reagarding this?

Thanks,

Ron

#2 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1701 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:28 PM

Mike's page has pictures of each with the differences. I took the photos from my xx mags. I don't have the auto ordnance blank one.

http://mikesmachineg...iles/Blanks.jpg

#3 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1701 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:19 PM

So, didin't look like either or them? Can you post a picture?

#4 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1250 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:02 PM

Dan:
It has the bigger holes down the side (bigger than a WW2 mag). So I figured it's a Colt mag. Right? I was going from your posted pic. I don't have a digital camera, so no posta pic. Thanks again for your help.

Ron

#5 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:37 AM

It isn't that the holes are larger on the Colt XXrd mags, only that they are positioned in the same distance from the edge that the holes on XXXrd mags are. There is no need to measure since this can easily be distinguished with a glance of the naked eye.

#6 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:39 PM

that is the rare thompson mag only 20 produced i'm sure.. maybe i heard it from devine....no thompson collection will be complete without one...

selling range could be in the $22,000.00 range...add on another $25,000.00 and attach a colt gun to it.complete set...then put a drum and a manual and a real police case...and command on the board's a asking price of let's say! $56,782.98 plus shipping.local taxe's and handling charge's.

and to think it was so simple..it started from a lowly 20 cartridge capacity mag blued in exc.shape.. the mind boggle's...wink! take care,ron

p.s. i had a case of them,now if only to get 50 colt's..and fifty and another drum's and huh! aw forget about it!!