It's Another New Record!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:59 AM

17,900 for pre- sample?

Am I missing something? Aren't transferrables about this price? Did I miss something while gone last week? Stop the madness please! For our childrens sake, stop!
Was this the $30,000 pre-sample gun awhile back?

#2 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2086 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:03 AM

Yeah, it was out there before. I remember the Hank Williams reference.

Don't remember the price - but this is just stupid when you see this kind of greed.

#3 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:27 AM

Not surprisingly this gun has been listed for a while with no takers. Previously discussed here on Nov. 5th:

http://www.machinegu...t=ST&f=3&t=5639

#4 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:54 AM

Now I remember. I thought that chair looked familiar. Now if he'll take the 1 out of the price, he might sell it.

#5 Jay Baker

Jay Baker

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, history, science fiction, old movies.

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:10 AM

He has always priced his stuff high. No doubt, the owner is getting the market and he's taking the leftovers. I imagine with some WW2 stuff being priced all the way to the mid-twenties, his high teen price is ok for a pre-sample. The thing I remember most about Pritchard is he took in on trade from a local PD either some M16's or Reisings, I can't remember now which, and the condition of the trade was he could not sell them to GA residents. They had to be sold to out of state buyers. With dealings like that, he can kiss my ass, I'll not do business with the likes of him. mad.gif

#6 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:08 AM

I have to say, I feel a lot less stupid for buying a pre-86 Colt 28 a few months ago at what I thought at the time was a ridiculous price.

#7 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:13 PM

Trying to sell premays at insane prices has got to be really tough...with transferables you gamble some dope will come along and buy with the `little head`doing the thinking,..but expecting a dealer to flop like a mullet is like waiting for cat shit to roll uphill... laugh.gif