Kahr 1927a1 Range Report

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Deputy

Deputy

• Regular Group
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:11 PM

Thanks for the welcome Damon. It's new, ordered from a dealer that ordered it from a wholesaler. Is there any way of me fixing it if someone cocked it with the safety on? Or was it permanently damaged? I can't even take it apart. When I try and take it apart it only seperates about an inch and is still under spring tension. It just slams back together again.
Is there a serial number sequence where they made improvements on the gun?

Dep

#42 TommyGunner

TommyGunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:The Tommy Gun (duh)
    Fedora Linux
    Hunting

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:49 AM

Dep,

You can try holding the cocking knob all the way back and working the trigger to try to get the sear to release. If not you may have to just send it in. This is a VERY common problem and is not unheard of for a new gun to be lock up like this if the dealer or some customer who fondled it was not familiar with the gun cocked it with the safety on. I am not saying this is what happened...just not unheard of. Yet another reason to get a factory fresh gun...dosen't have these problems. My natural instinct is to leave the safety on untill I am ready to shoot but you have to go against your better judgement with the semi Thompson's. After getting it apart you will have to inspect the firing pin and sear for damage and replace/fit if necessary. Like I said this is a common problem.

Sorry but I am not aware of a production date or serial number where the improvements were implemented. Is the cocking knob rounded or the cheese grater type? We are working this on two posts...lets keep it to the other for neat housekeeping sake. Hope this helps.

Damon

#43 Deputy

Deputy

• Regular Group
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:29 AM

Thanks a ton Damon! Will try that cocking knob back and play with the trigger thing. Really appreciate your help!!! biggrin.gif

Dep

#44 CHICAGO TYPEWRITER

CHICAGO TYPEWRITER

• Regular Group
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

Anyone heard anything more on this new design subject in a while? Been looking add another and want to know if should just hold of a while longer and how much longer! I have an itch to buy and don't know how much longer I hold back!

Thanks!
nono.gif

#45 CHICAGO TYPEWRITER

CHICAGO TYPEWRITER

• Regular Group
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:49 PM

Anything more on these new Thompsons?

#46 TommyGunner

TommyGunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:The Tommy Gun (duh)
    Fedora Linux
    Hunting

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:43 AM

Nothing yet on my end...still waiting to hear.

#47 tikifrei

tikifrei

• Regular Group
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:14 AM

Hi,

I am new here and have been spending a lot of time reading old post. I am in the market for a semi-auto and just wanted to see if there was an update on this.....it looks to have been around a year since an update.

Thanks

Eric

#48 Deputy

Deputy

• Regular Group
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:18 AM

Hope it's still in the works. Still a decent supply of Thompson parts kits around smile.gif