• 3456 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:41 PM

http://www.armedands...lash/media2.php

#2 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:44 PM

Now that is positive news to finally come out of Kommiefornia. Well, the shoot is in Nevada, but it is getting news and good reviews in Kommieland. woot.gif

#3 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:28 PM

Excellent video, but no Thompson. Whats up what that?

nutkick.gif

#4 Whiskey Brother

Whiskey Brother

• Regular Group
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:45 PM

I live in California, and to be honest, I am very surprised that aired. Every single time I've seen a gun issue on TV here, it is anti-gun. This is the first time I've seen one that is not, and with machineguns yet!

Let's hope it is the first of many, especially the part about "More guns, less crime!"

#5 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1630 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:57 AM

This topic came up on other boards prior to the shoot. I was completely against this idea of a newscrew filming the shoot. Mainly for the reason as Whiskey Brother pointed out having lived in CA for a good chunk of my life and having observed the antigun atmosphere. It was hard to believe a positive portrayl would come from any newscres. Quite honestly I am surprised and pleased it turned out well. The video was show at SAR very close to the tables of Gordon, Murrary, Don, Doug and Mike so it was hard for me to miss. PhilOhio I guarantee if Fienstein saw this she would not sleep well, too bad she risks the lives of everyone with her antigun agenda.

#6 NotDeaf

NotDeaf

• Regular Group
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:34 AM

Very nice post Arthur, it's good to see the positive side of this sport.

#7 Whiskey Brother

Whiskey Brother

• Regular Group
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Sig @ Dec 8 2005, 06:57 AM)
This topic came up on other boards prior to the shoot. I was completely against this idea of a newscrew filming the shoot. Mainly for the reason as Whiskey Brother pointed out having lived in CA for a good chunk of my life and having observed the antigun atmosphere. It was hard to believe a positive portrayl would come from any newscres. Quite honestly I am surprised and pleased it turned out well. The video was show at SAR very close to the tables of Gordon, Murrary, Don, Doug and Mike so it was hard for me to miss. PhilOhio I guarantee if Fienstein saw this she would not sleep well, too bad she risks the lives of everyone with her antigun agenda.

Seein' as how Fienstien lives in San Franscisco, do you suppose she got rid of her gun because they are now banned there? I'm thinking not, since she considers herself an "Elite", and therefore not subject to the same gun control laws she foists on the rest of us "unwashed" masses...

#8 GUNGUY45

GUNGUY45

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:47 PM

Great video, I can't believe it aired in Ca.

#9 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:18 PM

I loved the video. I felt a sense of empowerment just watching. Wished I had one of those flame throwers. I could target practice on snowmen this winter!

#10 Poprivit

Poprivit

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:28 PM

This shoot is put on by Mustang Range. They do it twice a year, along with teaching MG operations. I was there when the reporter was doing her thing. We talked very briefly and she said she was having a ball. She shot all kinds of weapons and enjoyed them a bunch. I'm totally surprised that LA TV gave it such a positive slant.
Mustange Range is mustangrange.com They have a video you might like called: "Mustang Range: The Movie" Lots of guns, flame throwers, explosions, miniguns, Thompsons, Browning 1919A4s, night fire, etc. it's 1.4 hours of live firing. woot.gif

#11 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:20 PM

Theres a place Mike needs to do a talent shoot for the calender. smile.gif

#12 Whiskey Brother

Whiskey Brother

• Regular Group
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:38 AM

I've seen that look that the reporter had before. A few years ago, my new neighbor let me know that not only was he a Democrat, but he was adamantly anti-gun. He said that guns were invented for the sole purpose of killing, and that's the only purpose they existed for.

I told him that he was wrong, the electric chair is an example of something made for killing, because you don't see people buying and using electric chairs for recreation. Most of the ammo made and sold in the US today will never be fired in anger or hurt/kill/maim anyone, because it will be shot off recreationally.

After some needling on my part, I finally got him to go to the range with me. I figured what the hell and let him shoot my Thompson as the first gun he had ever shot.

After first a look of scepticism on his face, a transformation overcame him halfway thru the magazine. When all 30 shots had gone down range he was actually grinning and let me know how fun that was. He soon thereafter bought his own guns, a 10/22 at first, but he's moved on to handguns and he even picked up a used SKS from somewhere.... cool.gif

I think a lot of so called "Anto-gunners" probably would not be if they would just shut up and go shoot something...

#13 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:34 AM

Theres alot of common sense missing from this world, but hopefully this board will rightin it. soapbox.gif tongue.gif

#14 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 12 December 2005 - 01:46 PM

Hello to all my gun lovin' bothers at Machinegunbooks.com nutkick.gif I'm still around, but very busy and I need a new computer-the little creep died on me! hail.gif I hope all is well and, does anyone know if Mike's calendars are still available? blink.gif

Best Regards to all,

Walter

P.S. That is a very positive story about Nevada, Arthur. Too bad the weirdos in Kommifornia probably won't learn a thing by it though! soapbox.gif

#15 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 12 December 2005 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Walter63a @ Dec 12 2005, 01:46 PM)
I hope all is well and, does anyone know if Mike's calendars are still available? blink.gif biggrin.gif

Best Regards to all,

Walter

Oh man he just sold the last one slap.gif .... You need to get puteriZed so you can keep up with the fast moving world of machinegunbooks.com........

#16 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 12 December 2005 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Dec 12 2005, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (Walter63a @ Dec 12 2005, 01:46 PM)
I hope all is well and, does anyone know if Mike's calendars are still available? blink.gif  biggrin.gif 

Best Regards to all,

Walter

Oh man he just sold the last one slap.gif .... You need to get puteriZed so you can keep up with the fast moving world of machinegunbooks.com........

Dern!! banghead.gif Well, maybe he'll do a second printing! hail.gif biggrin.gif

#17 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:14 PM

Walter, welcome back. The calanders are still in the works. Sorry but with work and a couple of models not wanting to do it now, it has put me behind. But I am still working on it.

#18 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:44 PM

Hello to all again! I have been very well and very busy. I just got 'puterized (HP Pavillion and a nice 21" LCD flat screen) again. cool.gif woot.gif I'll try to be a little more regular- no pun, necessarily, intended!!! laugh.gif Things really do move quickly in the world of firearms-Tracie Hill leaving the TCA (starting another organization) and San Fran residents about to give up all their guns!!! Well no surprise concerning San Fran, really. Let's just hope the disease of apathy and and the tyranny of elitist snobs, who know nothing of freedom and human rights, does not prevail. soapbox.gif

All the best, Walter

#19 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 30 December 2005 - 11:31 AM

Hope this is contagious, was watching the tube last night and John Stosel was promising exposing the falicy of gun control tonight. We could use some even press for once.

BB