• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 treadhead

treadhead

• Regular Group
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:21 PM

Just something I got in my E-Mail today and thought I'd share wink.gif

Remember two or three weeks back when 3 "As New" (99%) '1927A5's showed-up on Sturm' ($1,250ea) and I mentioned in a thread about them that I was the 4th person to E-Mail and call about them?

I was told that the first person who responded had asked to buy all three and that they'd (The sellers) be in contact with me should the sale fall through.

Well, I just got this from them today lol:

WTS: THOMPSON 1927 A5 PISTOL/CARBINE

NINETY NINE PERCENT

45 ACP. AUTO ORDNANCE CORP

WEST HURLY N.Y.

ONE STICK MAG AND ONE DRUM

SEMI AUTO,STEEL BOLT.

GUN IS LIKE NEW CONDITION

NICE CASE.

SALE PRICE $2200.00 biggrin.gif

I KNEW it was too good to be true!lol

Looks like someone was a little overwhelmed by the response and took another look at what they were selling. I don't honestly know what these things are worth but I WAS willing to go $1,250 for one. $2,200...? hmmmmm.....

#2 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:33 PM

it's gold sonny, it's gold............buy it now next year $5,000.00 the genie in the bottle's say so..heck buy all you can afford.take a first second and third mortgage..

it's never too early to pay only too late or something like that...

heck offer him $2,750.00 since you know in your heart it will be worth more next year...so why pay so little for it??

see if he has five to sell.i can get you a check or better yet "thompson cash" in a few day's...i have a 2% c.d.coming due...and with all this car-a-zy pricing.i want to get in on the ground floor.. and make out like a fat cat next year!!wink!!

have fun enjoy the storm.

take care,ron

#3 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:41 PM

first send nick a few buck's for sponsorship...i gotta get my annual in to him this week....it help's keep the wheel's turning.and the fun to continue.....and if i ever get under your skin..goldbond work's the best.... it's bond ,goldbond...wink! have a good one.ron

#4 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 12:14 PM

phil yep thats it "Thompson Cash" and "Thompsonopoly!"

however they would probably only sell a few hundred game's..because the real world would or could not figure out the madness..

however printing "Thompson Cash" has me going. i can just see the expression on the face's already at gun show's...somebody shout's out i want $38,000.00 for this thompson boy's or $9,000.00 for this part's kit. and you walk over with the leather sachel. and pull out a wadd.and throw it on the table and shout >sold baby!!! it's all mine....

and the other gun hawker's looker's and not so do'er's gaze into the aisle's not realizing they have seen history being made... phoney moolah for inflated phoney pricing....okay maybe only a little inflated! wink! ha-ha!

then the talk travel's throught the internet like wildfire. everybody starts using "Thompson Cash" to pay for all gun deal's...then the gov.crackdown...they want a piece of it.

oh wait don't they get a piece already..somebody buy's a thompson for $5,000..00 then sell's for $30,000.00........and report's his new found wealth of $25,000.00..............to his wife,girlfriend or somebody??um!

i'm sure somebody here will print up the first $1,000.00 bill. and not with grover cleveland on it.

maybe j. curtis earl on the first,it would be a fitting tribute.

i can go on the $100.00 c-note's and replace franklin.

with a big scale 1921a on the back..i will start today...wink! take care,ron
p.s this has been the best idea since the price raise on 1921's

#5 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 01:47 PM

phil we have done it.and nobody posted that they don't like the idea.i'm going to look up some printer and get some input...heck i lost my arse on "chicago typewriter company" back when..i still have the neat looking stock certificate's tho..and some copie's left of "quotable capone' maybe i can package the book, a stock certificate, and auto-ord letterhead.and a $1,000 face value. "Thompson Cash" bill.and rise like a phoenix from the ashe's>well from tucson at least.

into a nice packet....on the internet for say..$49.50 shipped.. another pet rock.??i will have to clear it with helmer and mark tho..as they will want to make a few buck's..

maybe 2006 will be my year............... take care,ron

p.s. and i had the idea along with bill on a calendar, it was called> " dead gangster's in car's and bar's" kinda- r -rated...i still have alot of the pic's and drawing's for it.. it was listed in my old paper flyer catalog in 1991.

see even ole fart's have a idea or two that sometime's doe's not fly!! wink!!good luck mike, chick's will probably sell better then history..

#6 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 16 December 2005 - 02:44 PM

THOMPSON GREEDY CASH Use when you feel the need for greed.

user posted image

#7 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 16 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

ROTFLMAO laugh.gif

#8 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:43 PM

I like this one better. Now that I'm home, I can play with it more........the photo that is you perv's! laugh.gif

user posted image