• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Dec 30 2005, 12:12 PM)

And unless I missed something, we've never asked what the "T.C." stands for, in your new way of signing. Is it "Thompson Correct Ron"? Or...?

W.T.C. Ron stands for "Welcome To Curmudgeons." Wink!

#22 SecondAmend

SecondAmend

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 610 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 08:44 AM

Ron,
Shrikes are being shipped - very slowly but out there.

Course if you buy a Shrike, you won't be able to afford to pony up for a Kahr C drum or even an MH Calendar.

#23 Lotusnut

Lotusnut

• Regular Group
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:45 AM

I just bought a Bridgeport '28 almost exactly as the one described leading this thread. It is a 159XXX serial number gun, US ground off, sold to law enforcement, smooth barrel, L sight, excellent condition. Think I got a hell of a deal at 13.5k. Comes with 2 bridgeport drums, 6 30 round stick mags, canvas case for both drums and gun.

That makes 1 Colt 1921AC, 1 Savage 1928, and 1 AO Bridgeport '28....not bad for someone who didn't even own a Thompson as of a year ago !

Does this mean I have the bug ?

#24 Warden

Warden

• Regular Group
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Harley-Davidson motorcycles (especially the older ones), Military type weapons, and more than anything, my wife and kids.

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:07 AM

Good for you !!! It seems that you do have "the bug".

It's too bad that those of us in the state of Illinois can't get "that bug".

I'm a little jeolous, but like I said, good for you and have a happy new year with your full autos. Shoot a drum full for me....

Dave

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#25 motorgun

motorgun

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:00 AM

I was following this thread trying to decide what to pay for an all original 1928 savage that was reparked at one stage and then it went off to an MP40??????????

#26 SecondAmend

SecondAmend

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 610 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:36 AM

Lotusnut,

Your '28 plus extras is an exceptionally low price. Far below regular market value even over a year ago.

Congratulations, for sure.

Was this a private sale?

#27 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (motorgun @ Jan 1 2006, 11:00 AM)
I was following this thread trying to decide what to pay for an all original 1928 savage that was reparked at one stage and then it went off to an MP40??????????

there is room for a mp-40 here. in fact when i met curtis earl in dec.71 fresh back from a flight from kadena airbase,yep went to go see m.g's first even before i went home to old chicago.curtis had a wall full of them..
and he tried to sell me a new bridgeport drum for $50.00 even tho didn't have a thompson yet.

the first letter i sent him when i was oversea's.was about buying a mp-40 and 1921a colt. i remember typing that thing on a typewriter that i typed order's for shipping shell's to danang,and assortment's of other equipment.

and really seen my first one over there...good time's { at least i can say that now that i'm back!}

the mp-40 is steeped in history. maybe a little less then the tommy because it was german made someplace else. and the thompson was made here.however plastic and folding stock's followed soon afterward on many...and mr.k. did like that little folder he put on some of his first ak-47's. stock look kinda familiar??

and who but the germans' wanted a gun to fire from a moving vehicle. glad you joined the group..
and by all means' get a 1928 /1921 and a mp-40 if you can afford it. part of history. and thats the first thing we should have set in stone. havea good 2006.T.C.ron

#28 Lotusnut

Lotusnut

• Regular Group
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (SecondAmend @ Jan 1 2006, 11:36 AM)
Lotusnut,

Your '28 plus extras is an exceptionally low price. Far below regular market value even over a year ago.

Congratulations, for sure.

Was this a private sale?

Yes, it was a private sale on a form 4 in state.