Tracie Hill's Resignation From Tca

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:23 PM

Just got a form letter from Tracie anouncing his resignation from the TCA effective 12/16/05 due to a dissagreement with the Board of Directors. He is starting another organization "The American Thompson Association"

The August Show and Shoot will continue as a personal event run by his family.

Did everyone know about this but me?

#2 KGV

KGV

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Defending my 2nd amendment rights!

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:34 PM

I was wondering what was going on also. huh.gif

Yesterday I received an email from Pat Wheeler at TCA that there was an important message from Carol Troy on the TCA site.

Today I received a letter from Tracie that he has left TCA and started TATA, The American Thompson Association.

KGV

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:42 PM

I got the email from Pat yesterday also, and he told me I would get something from TH in the mail about his new group. Said he could not agree with some decision they had. Who knows.

#4 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2086 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:43 PM

I just got that letter in the mail today also. Sad to see everything is not OK in Thompsonland.

I would like to know the jist of the disagreement, without hashing it out here. Anyone privy to a synopsis of what is going on?

#5 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 27 December 2005 - 04:03 PM

I guess the good news is that maybe there will be two clubs that will have me as a member. But I hope this doesn't turn ugly. I can't imagine Tracie quitting over something trivial. I think the TCA BOD owes the members an explanation, which I will ask Carol for.

#6 45wheelgun

45wheelgun

• Regular Group
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 04:17 PM

Sorry to hear about this. My membership is TCA has lapsed, but I LOVE the new name....show me your TATA's.......

ph34r.gif

#7 Mark Layton

Mark Layton

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 04:32 PM

As Tigger would say, TATA for now.

#8 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:37 PM

I too would be interested to know as well as to the issue as I would like to know if the club I belong shares my view points as well or has a different stand.

If could be a millon things from non-club related to the club's backing of AO and the semi-auto pieces of junk.

If anyone has any info, please let me know.

#9 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 27 December 2005 - 06:19 PM

Does anyone know if this impacts the publications of the TCA newsletters, as my memgbership still is good for 6 more months? ohmy.gif

Mike Hammer

#10 kyle

kyle

• Regular Group
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 06:31 PM

While I readily admit I don't have a clue...I'll bet money is involved.

#11 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 27 December 2005 - 06:49 PM

kyle, it is because today is your birthday and he wasn't invited! laugh.gif tongue.gif

#12 Phil Askew

Phil Askew

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:00 PM

There was so many good people involved, I hope this doesn't split everybody up into "US" VS "THEM" I really enjoyed these events!!!! It's always hard to get everybody on the same page. Hope things work out. sad.gif

#13 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:27 PM

I talked to Tracie just a few minutes ago. No panic in the streets. It was just a disagreement on what the TCA wanted him as a past president and past board member to do. He resigned on good terms. And all is well according to Tracie. Everybody is still friends. The group will be just about the same. Even the TCA should be at Tracie's TATA in August he said. Nobody went away angry and he said ok, I know what to do, so I'll have my own thing....again. And he said it is no big deal to him if we are member's of BOTH groups. Cost will be $30 just like the TCA and he will have the same newsletter out every 3 months. There will be a S & S in August at his house just as before.
So I am on the list for his group and I will stay on the TCA as before. I just hope the TCA shows are still close to Indy!

#14 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Dec 27 2005, 08:27 PM)
I talked to Tracie just a few minutes ago. No panic in the streets. It was just a disagreement on what the TCA wanted him as a past president and past board member to do. He resigned on good terms. And all is well according to Tracie. Everybody is still friends. The group will be just about the same. Even the TCA should be at Tracie's TATA in August he said. Nobody went away angry and he said ok, I know what to do, so I'll have my own thing....again. And he said it is no big deal to him if we are member's of BOTH groups. Cost will be $30 just like the TCA and he will have the same newsletter out every 3 months. There will be a S & S in August at his house just as before.
So I am on the list for his group and I will stay on the TCA as before. I just hope the TCA shows are still close to Indy!

Hey, this sounds like a way to double the fees for the Thompson association. wink.gif

#15 robbo

robbo

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:28 Thompsons, beltfed mg's, anything that goes fast.

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:28 AM

Well, Tracy's leaving may affect the outcome of the Western Show and Shoot this coming April as the TCA covered us with thier insurance policy. According to Don Hall, master of the western show, the TCA might not continue to carry the insurance because Tracy pulled out. The Eastern shoot is his baby now. Unless the western group switches to the ATA for insurance coverage, and Tracy told Don that wouldn't be availible till later in the year, we may have to find our own insurance or cancel the event. If half the members jump ship and follows TH to the new club then watch our beloved TCA fade away. ohmy.gif

#16 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 30 December 2005 - 11:33 AM

really i caused it all for not joining.or dropping out year's ago...wink!

well good luck tracie..have fun with it.

let's start 2006 fresh...t.c.ron

#17 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:04 PM

Hill and Herigstadt had a falling out over GH's unmarked parts box. Perhaps this TCA split is indicative of a wider philosophy regarding TSMG collecting?

#18 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:54 PM

Ok, here is the poop as of tonight on the TCa website and the email I got from Pat or Carol. This is copied right of the website's page. Here's a linky incase you don't believe me.

TCA webpage

All the discussion going on in machinegunbooks.com has come to our attention.  The discussion is rife with conjecture about the split.  This page is to dispel the rumors that have no basis.  The split involves privacy information which we believe does not belong in a public forum.  That given, we will comment on what has no basis in fact.

1.  TCA and TATA may have differences in the way they operate, but we both have the same goal of supporting the Thompson community.

2.  The split is in no way related to Auto-Ordnance (Kahr Arms)

3.  The newsletters will continue.  Formats, etc., have not yet been finalized.  Pat Wheeler is the new editor.  You may contact him at tca1934@comcast.net with any of your ideas, suggestions for articles, etc.

4.  The split was not over money.

5.  As for insurance, the TCA intends to retain liability insurance and support Don Hall's Western Show & Shoot.  At this point, we're not sure of what we have.  Carol Troy is in the process of researching our insurance policy.  When everything is sorted out, Carol will publish her findings.

#19 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:55 PM

It's hard to belive that an argument over those boxes would cause such a rift especially since it's been quite some time since those repro boxes were produced. If you log on to the website now they have adressed some of the talk that has gone on here since the announcement. They say it is a private, personal matter that they will not discuss. It would be best if we all knew exactly what went down, otherwise there will be more talk. ohmy.gif

Mike Hammer

#20 bug

bug

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1479 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, shooting, reloading, metalworking, woodworking, photography.

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:25 AM

Ego.