Photo
- - - - -

Take That John T, Eickhoff, Payne & Wwii Allies!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:51 AM

GP,

While others on this board have remarked on the negative connotations of your gunboard moniker, it is your privilege to use any name. Too bad you do not extend the same freedom of expression to others.

Does the following quote look familiar to you?

I see postings all the time on the Thompson board from ivory tower elitists looking down their noses at WH thompsons. Screw that noise .
GP

Essentially, an "elitists," as defined by you, is anyone who characterizes a WH as a repro/replica, or criticizes their shortcomings, and, therefore, meets the criteria for exclusion from Subguns.

Since I see numerous posts on Subguns regarding complaints about the WH, you will be busy in your snitch capacity getting others banned.

Posted By: BrianG
Subguns
Date: 1/19/06 18:30

Good point about ignoring snobs, but the WH Thompson isn't very well made.
I used to own a Colt made 21, that one would eat just about any ammo (except
S&B), this includes cheapie lead round nose reloads. The wood was finely crafted
& the sight was usable to get hits out to 100 yards.
The WH only digests FMJ, the wood looks like it was sawed out of a plank &
the sight aperture falls down after a few rounds. It's OK, I can make do, but
an improvement would be nice.
I suppose I could fix up the WH for better performance, but that might be only
a partial solution. Using one of these parts kits might be a complete solution.
I might buy a parts kit just to have, I've never seen these so nice before.
Thanks,"
BrianG

Yet, the irony is that Tallahassee Ted's comments, and even Brian G's, make my WH replica appellation pale in comparison. By the non-specified Subgun regs, Ted and Brian G over qualify for excommunication from that board for their own indelicate remarks?

Also, how would you know if I were banned from Subguns? Did Bowers inform you of this personally?

#22 GonePostal

GonePostal

• Regular Group
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:07 AM

Arthur:

I have no respect for any kind of gun snob as it's right up there in my book with the kind of Elmer Fudd mentality that keeps firearm owners from truly organizing against tyranny and no doubt will be the eventual downfall of us all. FOPA proved that quite nicely as the rest of the 2nd Amendment advocates threw machinegun owners under the figurative bus in compromise.

I could go into detail about how negative it is to choose some Jewish gangster's name because of how violent he was and how much that could "cost" us all in bad PR but truthfully, I don't give a flying fuck what "name" you, me or anyone else for that matters chooses to use on the Internet. Arguing that is retarded.

As for your banning, it goes back several months. You only were allowed to post recently by dumb luck and chance because of a mixup in IPs. Needless to say it won't happen again. Don't like that? Make your appeal to Tom or Jay or someone who can change things for you but make no mistake, it's not going to happen unless your attitude changes a little.

I am not connected with any management of that or any other board, just happen to know certain people who informed me of the facts concerning your visits there and the resulting actions taken against you. Needless to say, this alone says alot about you in general.

Now go ahead and think up some witty articulate response and don't forget to throw in a personal jab or two while you're at it.

laugh.gif

#23 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:30 AM

now if you two guy's can use all this energy to get my $5,000.00 back from tom charron in ct.from who i got ripped off on a deal on bower's board. i will really be happy. maybe a articulate e-mail,or a visit from gone postal or arthur with a 21 m.g.c.replica.wink!! take care,be safe.ron

#24 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:07 PM

I am not connected with any management of that or any other board, just happen to know certain people who informed me of the facts concerning your visits there and the resulting actions taken against you. Needless to say, this alone says alot about you in general.
GP

You make Sen. Joe McCarthy sound like an ACLU lawyer. "Facts" concerning my visits to Subguns? What are you talking about? "Just happen to know certain people?" Do these furtive folks share your "Elmer Fudd" idiosyncrasies?

I could go into detail about how negative it is to choose some Jewish gangster's name because of how violent he was and how much that could "cost" us all in bad PR but truthfully, I don't give a flying fuck what "name" you, me or anyone else for that matters chooses to use on the Internet. Arguing that is retarded

Could not the above comment be construed as an argument? And by your own characterization about engaging in such arguments makes you......
At any rate, I was referring to your moratorium on the adjectives "replica/repro." Only "elitists snobs" would deign to tarnish the entire firearm community by using them to describe a WH. Wow!

Using the 2nd Amendment as a straw man to silence firearm enthusiasts from quoting noted TSMG authors such as Cox, Helmer, Richardson, and Herigstadt, is not only antithetical in a Democracy, but it is a sure sign of paranoid schizophrenia disorder. Better cut back on your Ecstasy dosage.

Ronald,
Apparently, Bowers is more concerned with political correctness and addressing imaginary infractions on posting etiquette than following up on actual scamers that post ads on his board.

#25 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:13 PM

at least my comments on the board stopped him from posting his thompson item's he had for sale,i can't stand dealing fair and honest with anybody and you can't be treated the same way...it's really turned me off in the past few year's in class three bizz.........take care,ron

#26 1919A6

1919A6

• Regular Group
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:32 AM

Red Cap

With all those guns, You HAD to move to California.

Would say that you never became acquainted with your Thompson, but you never said which vareity you had, now did you.

It is better that you are now in California, where you will be safe from those Thompsons.

#27 Bob

Bob

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:02 AM

Hey Ron!

I'll bet DOG the bounty hunter could get your money back. I hear he could give Chuck Norris a short prayer before he kicks him in the sack blink.gif Anyway I hear you made him late on his mortgage payment woot.gif

So what's this I hear that Auto Ordnance only built maybe 40 Thompsons then sub-contracted Colt to build 15,000 copies?

#28 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:58 AM

ok you animals, back in your cages. nono.gif

#29 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Bob @ Jan 22 2006, 01:02 AM)
Hey Ron!

I'll bet DOG the bounty hunter could get your money back. I hear he could give Chuck Norris a short prayer before he kicks him in the sack blink.gif Anyway I hear you made him late on his mortgage payment woot.gif

So what's this I hear that Auto Ordnance only built maybe 40 Thompsons then sub-contracted Colt to build 15,000 copies?

oh yes and the same week he decided to also sell it to another dealer and take his money also.and another guy in la. bought the b.a.r.with the same tale...however i guess i'm the only one to chase him...the other's are sitting on the sideline's........wishing and hoping..

sometime's i cannot explain the class 3 dealer...i guess now they want thing's so bad they don't care if somebody feed's them a tale of b.s.

so right now eating corn beef hash.till my moolah is returned..t.c.ron

#30 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:17 PM

Nick,
Just came out to stretch my legs.

Bob,
Auto Ordnance Corporation never built any TSMG's. Those first 40 prototypes, pro-to-types, as in never went into production, were Model 1919's manufactured by Warner Swasey.

Colt was was indeed subcontracted by Auto-Ord to make the Model 1921, the FIRST production model.

Ronald,
Watch out for that eye looking back at you from the hash.

#31 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:35 PM

yes no honor and a kind word or a handshake.the best generation's are dying off.what will be left is the refuse.to bark and scratch like dog's and to fight over a well used and abused carcass of life.

never have so many come so far to leave so little to the future.the 90's gen. wink!

t.c.ron