The New Tca Newsletter

I received the new TCA Newsletter today. I thought it was an excellent first effort by the officers and board members of the TCA. Bill Menosky had a great article about the Maguire Industries (toy) Model Submachine Gun. The Maguire Industries advertisement was a perfect touch to end the story. The news about the new Curio and Relic rating for all Thompsons manufactured before May 19, 1986 is certainly a good thing for Thompson collectors everywhere. Perhaps two Thompson organizations will be a good thing.

TD,

Thanks for the kind words.

Hunting and finding Thompson stuff and then sharing the story is one of the things that I’ve always liked about this hobby. And there have been some great stories shared by many members of this board also. A lot of the focus, and rightly so, of TSMG collecting is about the “iron” and how expensive it is becoming to acquire any particular gun. But there are certainly other areas that are interesting, historical, challenging and fun once collectors find themselves up against $18,000, $35,000 or even $59,000 Thompson packages. If these numbers are in your wheelhouse, do your homework and then blast away. If not, there are many things Thompson to chase.

Phil,

Thanks for your words also.

Yes, the tooling and gauges that you mention were a great find. And you have to think that there had to be hundreds of these types of work related objects then, collectible artifacts now, that were laying around AO or boxed up for the next historical owner. But only a couple of dozen(?) are known, or have been recognized for what they are, at this time.