Photo
- - - - -

Off Topic Rip Artist>scott Mcevoy And Tom Charron?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:58 PM

well i'm sure you have all read it on bower's board subguns.com by now,selling thompson item's,and gun's and my latest fiasco of getting ripped for $5,000.00 and two other's for $5,500.00 and $9,000.00.nothing like selling the same gun to two people. the bizz is great until you meet up with the scum of the lower earth......

seem's like the town of stamford.ct. cannot clean them up yet!

don't buy any thompson item's there or any gun's for that matter....take care,ron

#2 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:16 PM

Ron, that sucks. Nobody deserves to get ripped off, but especially not you.

#3 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:39 PM

another person who come's here also included and another class three guy from ohio,so far $20,000.00 and up...all the big talk from class three's.then when there own get ripped....notice how everybody is silent.

glad when i was in the marine's that did not happen,,ya backed the team...

anyway i informed all the right group's that should be notified....next is b.a.t.f. and i'm sure i will hear.oh! a civil matter!!!

wink! take care,ron

#4 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2882 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

Ron,
For those of us who do not frequent Bower's board, could you share a few details of what happened.
Thanks,

#5 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:24 PM

another person who come's here also included and another class three guy from ohio

Name NAMES Ron! Let others know about the person who frequents this board. And how about that Ohio class 3 dude? Who's he? PM me, and I'll post it!

#6 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3453 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:35 PM

The following link provides the background to the flim flam man:

http://www.subguns.c....cgi?read=37606

#7 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Jan 27 2006, 11:35 PM)
The following link provides the background to the flim flam man:

http://www.subguns.c....cgi?read=37606

arthur thank's.i also talked to the real tom charron tonight,and he know's nothing about these check's cashed in his name....this is a really strange case.the other two class three guy's are in ohio and la.i am sure they want to keep their name's out of it for now. they got ripped for $5,000.00 and $9,200.00 also......

i would wish for once these guy's who work these scam's get nailed, oh i forgot they are too busy chasing purse snatcher's...however have a net access,a gun pic, and serial number.and you are in bizz to lie cheat and steal.......

read on boy's read it all and let it sink in.on the next deal you do...........check it out maybe a dozen times before you send money anyplace{ i thought i did}take care,ron

p.s it has turned me off to the entire bizz.

#8 OldFalGuy

OldFalGuy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Sporting Clays, Skeet, Reloading and just plain Living

Posted 28 January 2006 - 02:25 AM

The link is down on Bowers- no clue why for I cannot fathom not allowing us to veiw scammers and througha little light onthe roaches and perhaps if nearby give them a visit.

M

#9 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 03:00 AM

If there are people on this board suceeding and/or trying to rip people off PLEASE let me know! You guys can talk shit on each other all day long, that is fine, but when someone gets ripped off that is a whole other ball game!! give me some names so I can get them out of here!

You can rip me off for about $20 anything over that and it's your ass! I hate that shit more than anything!! Again let me know so they can be dealt with.

#10 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:24 AM

Here's a new linky to the message.

Scott McEvoy = scam artist

#11 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:25 AM

i think anybody in this guy's a.o.o.should be told this info.i am working on it and the return of my $5,000.00 but i am just one person....it take's law enforcement to get something moving.and the b.a.t.f.to move in...this person has gotten away with this for far too long... and i'm surprised that the class three world has settled for it...hopefully it will be settled soon.......maybe if homeland security got involved.

heck i'm sure he conned people oversea's also.who know's...take care,ron

#12 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (OldFalGuy @ Jan 28 2006, 02:25 AM)
The link is down on Bowers- no clue why for I cannot fathom not allowing us to veiw scammers and througha little light onthe roaches and perhaps if nearby give them a visit.

M

my original post is in the archive's i guess now,since this started on dec 18,i am the one who looked into this in the first place.and made call's and e-mail's to other partie's involved. who also bought gun's and sent him fund's..with the help of tom bower's, you guy's think you get mad for some rust on a mag or a drum you buy that come's in late,or something missing for $100.00 for a order. well take $5,000.00 out of your pocket..or any amount that you feel that hurt's you,and get scammed and see how you feel....

at first i think nobody believed me about this...now the word is finally out...WATCH OUT....

and this happened the weekend my mother passed away and i was traveling to chicago, for the funeral...to say the least it's now more then just personal in my face.. and at this time this is all i will put in print on the matter...ask yourself what would you do??? thanks guy's. take care,ron

#13 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 768 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:51 AM

Ron, sorry to hear of your trouble, but thank you for sharing with us. By all means we should let everyone in the Class 3 community know who the crimminals out there. With the prices of class 3 stuff nowadays people can stand to lose a lot of money. While I had no problems 6 yrs ago in my dealings with this Scott Mcavoy, I would now certainly never even consider it. This guy is in a lot of trouble and needs to be nailed but good. Using the names of respected dealers to scam unsuspecting customers. I see a prison cell in this fella's future.

Mike Hammer

#14 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:08 PM

well he must have never realized i was from chicago.that cold winter hawk tends to bite you in the arse everytime.

i have sold many nice item's on this board and never a problem with me.everybody got what they paid for and when they where supposed to...and if i was ever sold out i told them...i never sold any item to three different people, or tried to jam somebody...funny thing honest people get tripped up..the rat's..well let's just say..it take's time...

what a life to hide from society.............however thing's will catch up...including the u.s.attorney general.
it's good for the country to put scum behind bar's.. t.c.ron

#15 OldFalGuy

OldFalGuy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Sporting Clays, Skeet, Reloading and just plain Living

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:41 PM

I don't understand the exact facts as to what happened here-multiple sale of an item-sorta like a theft by deception but I do know no one deserves this sh$t, especially you ROn. Hope it works out well and if the guy is in Texas I will help you nail his ass anyway I can.

Mark,Esq.

#16 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (OldFalGuy @ Jan 28 2006, 01:41 PM)
I don't understand the exact facts as to what happened here-multiple sale of an item-sorta like a theft by deception but I do know no one deserves this sh$t, especially you ROn. Hope it works out well and if the guy is in Texas I will help you nail his ass anyway I can.

Mark,Esq.

well mail fraud,posing as somebody you are not selling m'g across state line's w/oa license,cashing check's in somebody else's name,and using that i.d.info for it...sending out phoney sale's invoice.when you know darn well you sold the same gun to somebody else the same week,and typing transfer's paper's to two dealer's on the same gun...it go's on and on.....

all the guy had to do was send me my $5,000.00 back...BUT NO!! he played game's....

now he has three people after him...and as of next week i'm sure a few more..and i guess he forgot the minute his mail went across the state line's nobody else would talk to anybody else...

it's about time we policed ourselve's in the class three world.so this doe's not happen in the future...maybe next time on a $30,000.00 plus colt....then we will hear the crying....the person is in stamford ct.tick tick tick, time will tell. t.c.ron

#17 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:58 PM

phil now people are so eager to send money to get something.maybe like i'm getting a great deal and gotta beat the next guy to the stuff...heck it took me a few week's to do the deal in the first place.thats being cautious,the other two guy's sent fund's in 48 hour's or so. now i'm just going to see what people sell ,and if i decide i want it then and only then i will check it out...

we all can live with or w/o this stuff.......... and my wife had the best one today..........enjoy it and sell it while you are around...because i can give two hoot's about it once your out!!{ it's that vow till death do ya's part thang!! wink!}

i guess people should even worry now about lower deal's,since most people won't chase you for a few hundred anymore...not worth the time or something like that.however on half income semi-retired...it put's a hurt on you....and if anybody says not true..... they can send the spare $5,000.00 to my p.o.box.. ha!! no taker's for that one for sure...

hopefully everybody involved will get the money back..after alot of paperwork and headache's..take care,ron

to the few who chimed in.at least you are reading and made aware of what happen's out there...it's not a bed of rose's..they have thorn's..