Atf Form 1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sargent

sargent

• Regular Group
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:21 PM

i have not filled out a form 1 yet so i can have a ( real )short barrel for my 1927a1 but i will be doing it soon

i live in a town of just 3000 people we have 5 cops a few of them are part-timers and the chief is a women. i own and operate my earthmoving company there also but as you know little towns operate funny sometimes. if i had to make
a bet with someone if the chief will sign off on my form 1
i would bet no. i have a clean record maybe a few traffic
(speeding) tickets in the past 10 years .they probably will think that no citizens in their town needs to own something like this.

what does one do if this happens ? go to the state police and ask them? i have alot of friends there

what can my incorporated business do for me?

#2 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:51 PM

I also had some concerns along the line of the small town situation which you are describing. What seemed to work for me was to explain that I was a collector of WWII militaria, including replica pieces. It seemed to break the ice nicely, so they knew I wasn't some nut. The Sheriff and I had a good discussion and afterwards he signed my form 1. Since that time, I had two more applications signed with absolutely no problems.

#3 ghostsoldier

ghostsoldier

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:WW2 history, gangsters, Public Enemies and G-Men history

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:20 PM

I'm with Sgt on this one. Me and the local Chief ended up b.s.'ing about Tommy guns and WW2 in general...turns out he got Call of Duty 2: Big Red One for the X-Box for x-mas and just loves blasting vitural Krauts!
Rob