Fs: M1a1 Parts Kit $650 Delivered

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 caspian

caspian

• Regular Group
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:28 PM

you may remember me. i came here inquiring about the value of a MG that was in the possession of an old lady whose husband died. Anyway, i laid out the options and the thing she needs most is cash. If it's any consolation, it was an Auto Ordnance, not a super collectable Colt.

Well, I gave the MG last rites, said a prayer and subjected her to the chop saw. The ATF has the big chunk of the receiver. The rest is up for sale.

I know there are other kits cheaper from Dans, but this is a smooth barrel. Here's the ad:

The Thompson set is in excellent condition and includes everything but the receiver. Smooth barrel, one mag, sling, everything you see in the picture. Demilled from an govt. property marked Auto Ordnance MG. $650 delivered and insured CONUS only, all NFA rules apply.

user posted image

Thanks,
Caspian

e-mail caspian45REMOVE@sbcglobal.net

#2 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2421 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (caspian @ Feb 22 2006, 03:28 PM)
The Thompson set is in excellent condition and includes everything but the receiver. Smooth barrel, one mag, sling, everything you see in the picture. Demilled from an govt. property marked Auto Ordnance MG. $650 delivered and insured CONUS only, all NFA rules apply.

Hi,

It looks like it was a nice gun. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the grip mount out of the receiver without removing the barrel?

#3 caspian

caspian

• Regular Group
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

I'm a TSMG retard, so you'll have to speak slower. What is the grip mount? If it's the front handguard, then it slid out.

caspian

p.s. the standard M1A1 rear sight (not the Lyman) is included, but i forgot it in the picture.

Edited by caspian, 22 February 2006 - 05:10 PM.

#4 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2421 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (caspian @ Feb 22 2006, 05:09 PM)
I'm a TSMG retard, so you'll have to speak slower.  What is the grip mount?  If it's the front handguard, then it slid out. 

Hi,

The grip mount is the metal piece attached to the front grip in your picture. The grip mount is held in place by the barrel and the barrel must be removed in order to remove it. If it just slid out of the receiver then it has been modified or the small tab that fits behind the barrel flange has been broken or is defective. The screw in the bottom of the wood grip is how the front grip is removed. If you didn't modify it, then the former owner did.

Thanks for the pictures.