25 replies to this topic

#21 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3471 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:04 AM

Phil,

By that rule, Numrich would be compelled to stamp the previously unregistered fully functioning smg prototypes found in the crates with his "NAC" initials. But they didn't get the "NAC" treatment. When Numrich stumbled upon the completed TSMG's in the crates, he did register them with ATF. Kilgore was held liable for the $200 tax fee per weapon. So did ATF consider Numrich as the "manufacture" or Kilgore, who did not have a Class IV license?

Judging by ATF Forms, they are primarily, if not exclusively, concerned with the serial numbers. Even on "NAC" stamped receivers, ATF Forms have included either Thompson, Colt, Savage, or AOC as the name of manufacturer. What about amnesty registered smg/'smg's in 1968? Would the name of the individual in possession of the previously unregistered weapon be considered the "manufacturer?" Or for that matter, what about PD's after 1934 that had to register their Colt TSMG's for the first time with ATF. Did they put Mayberry RFD Sheriff's Dept in the box labeled "Name of Manufacturer?" What about the smg's/mg's that licensed dealer Curtis Earl bought from PD"s during the amnesty period. ATF did not require him to stamp these previously unregistered rceivers with his initials.

But again, if Numrich was "Auto Ordnance-Corporation" in 1951, the same entity that manufactured and assembled these TSMG's, why would he need to use the "Numrich Arms Corporation" as the "legal" "manufacturer" of these weapons to satisfy ATF, if indeed they needed any satisfaction?

#22 Tman

Tman

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, in general

Posted 05 May 2006 - 03:03 PM

AF,
Were the guns in the crates fully assembled or in a knock-down state? Maybe he misunderstood the ruling and marked all of them to be safe. If he had to assemble the guns from parts then he would be considered the 'manufacturer'. We run into this now with guys assembling AR's for sale using other makers lowers.

#23 Elsie

Elsie

• Regular Group
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

Can anyone tell me when Numrich Arms Company moved from Mamaroneck, NY to West Hurley, NY?

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

​Numrich Arms Company relocated from Mamaroneck, NY to West Hurley, NY between March 1953 and January 1954 as these two advertisements indicate.

Attached Files

#24 mnshooter

mnshooter

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1899 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

Can anyone tell me when Numrich Arms Company moved from Mamaroneck, NY to West Hurley, NY?

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

​Numrich Arms Company relocated from Mamaroneck, NY to West Hurley, NY between March 1953 and January 1954 as these two advertisements indicate.

I like Page 2: Lyman TSMG rear sights 95 CENTS each.  Postpaid.

AND: That was about 1/100th of the value of the gun at the time.
          The same ratio still holds today.

Edited by mnshooter, 07 February 2017 - 08:11 PM.

#25 bug

bug

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1485 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, shooting, reloading, metalworking, woodworking, photography.

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I like Page 2: Lyman TSMG rear sights 95 CENTS each.  Postpaid.

Used L drums  $2.95. Probably another 40 cents postage though...

#26 67ray

67ray

• Regular Group
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:30 PM

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Outstanding proof!