Fa To Sa - Newbie Here

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Snook

Snook

• Regular Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:20 PM

As I am new to this forum and the Thompson, please excuse any "stupid" questions. I have wanted a Thompson for several years now and have decided to take the plunge. As a blue collar guy I have limited resources and unlimited desires.

I have already purchased a 1928 Thompson kit from Sportsmans Guide with the intention of "building" it into a Semi-Auto configuration. Any advise, links, hints, advise is greatly appreciated. I want to do this as "correct" as possible.

Should I buy a semi receiver? Is this plausible? Basically where do I go from here???

I have built several other firearms and am confident I can do it with more info. To date I have built 15-20 AK's, A few FALs, a 1919a4 and a HK91/G3. I love the hobby and a Thompson would be a dream come true.

Thanks in advance for your efforts on my behalf.

Edited by Snook, 26 February 2006 - 09:23 PM.

#2 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 894 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:05 PM

Snook,

Welcome to this forum.

The topic about which you inquire has been discussed several times.

Please do a search and you will find a variety of opinions presented.

#3 Snook

Snook

• Regular Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:09 PM

Thanks,

I searched through the "pinned" FAQ's and found nothing but I'll do a more extensive search.

Snook

#4 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:08 AM

Snook--
Here is one link that might help:
http://www.machinegu...l=semi receiver

Do a search on semi receiver and you should get a lot of info.