Sending In My Form 4

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JDG

JDG

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:WW II military guns. Old Mopar hot rods and '73 to '79 Ford trucks. Peering through my telescope at the stars and planets. Riding my dirt bike and back packing.

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:16 AM

That is the question. Maybe this is a stupid one to ask, but I cannot remember what I did the first time I sent in a Form 4 for approval, can I fold my application or do I need to keep it flat in a manilla envelope etc...

Does it matter? Am I imagining that it cannot be folded? Fold away and forget about it? Am I putting too much thought into this? Crumple it into a ball and toss it into the mail?

Thanks for any input!

Jeremy

#2 Bill in VA

Bill in VA

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:24 AM

Don't sweat it. NFA will fold it anyway. It''l be folded so that your transferor's address will show through the envelope window.

#3 amafrank

amafrank

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:MG's of all types. Cannons that can be transported by normal people. Fine firearms of all descriptions.

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:47 AM

Bill is right, they will fold it and generally right through the middle of your picture. Its hard to predict the exact fold so if you send it in a big manilla it may save a second fold line. Not really a big deal either way.....
good luck on your transfer time.
Frank

#4 Chopper28

Chopper28

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Class III stuff and Harleys

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:00 PM

My last two transfers have gone through fast. From the time it went pending, 59 days on the first one and 47 on the latest one! Maybe things are improving since the move to WV.

#5 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:08 PM

I never ever fold documents that have to be perused by cubicle dwellers for "the absolute correct information" on each and every line, at work, NFA or otherwise. If they fold it after it passes muster so be it.....

#6 Lotusnut

Lotusnut

• Regular Group
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:22 PM

In general, folded ones take a month longer to approve....the unfolding process is laborious, and usually takes at least 2 examiners....

#7 Waffen Und Bier

Waffen Und Bier

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 642 posts
  • Interests:Like the name says "Guns and beer" (and really hot chicks who like guns and beer).

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:44 PM

....and when they irradiate it to kill the anthrax, it turns the paper a nice shade of yellow (and the photos purple). hail.gif nutkick.gif

#8 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:16 PM

I don't fold the forms. Send them flat and that way, there is no way, well shouldn't be, they can say,"I can'ts reads this". And less chance your photo will be screwed up. Let them make the necessary folds. And make sure you express mail your forms off. Gets there next day and must be signed for.
I sent mine of on 2-16-06. It was signed by H. Musa at 11:08am on 2-17.

#9 EM1/SS

EM1/SS

• Regular Group
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:18 PM

I just got a M10/9 last week. For the first time the form 4 came back in a large white envelope that was not folded. It also only took about 30 days from when it went pending to get approved.

Ken

#10 docmolar

docmolar

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:25 PM

I sent mine unfolded and received it back folded right through the picture in 53 days.
I agree with Mike, send it priority so they have to sign for it.