Demographic's

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 cavediver

cavediver

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:All types of full auto weapons, Cannons and hunting.

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

I wonder what percentage of C3 owners shoot on a regular basis.
I own them because i love to shoot and dont worry about losing any value by shooting. I guess if I had a real mint 21 or Navy it would be a safe queen but anything at 90% or less would get a workout a couple of times a month. I know some people are into the investment and that is good but the fun is shooting. I met a police officer today that did my prints to buy the M3 GG and he has never shot a full auto. I am going to take him to the range and watch the smile as he dumps 50. that to me is the real fun of the hobby. I appreciate the great information shared on this board.
Thanks
Charles

#2 Bob

Bob

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:38 PM

None of mine are safe queens. They all get good workouts on a regular basis. The 20mm only gets shot two-three times a year, but that's the exception.

#3 Chopper28

Chopper28

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 699 posts
  • Interests:Class III stuff and Harleys

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:40 PM

Bought 'em to shoot not to look at.

#4 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:48 PM

Shooter. (bet Flemhammer doesn't shoot his colt)

#5 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:59 PM

I wish I shot them more than I did but I work too hard to afford them to have the time.

#6 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:14 PM

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a Shooter and proud of it! woot.gif

#7 v188

v188

• Regular Group
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:19 PM

I shoot all mine. (Except one slap.gif )

Sorry

#8 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

Hello Jim. My name is Mike and I am a shooter also. I too have more for as a voyeur watching other shoot for the first time. wink.gif

#9 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:46 PM

No safe queens in this household either..Sunday we ran the 21s,28,MG42,MP40,MaDuece,G3,Suomi 31,M2 Carbines,Macs,STens,Minimi,1919s,UZI,and AKs...if it went bang I pulled the trigger.. biggrin.gif wink.gif

#10 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (21 smoker @ Mar 1 2006, 08:46 PM)
No safe queens in this household either..Sunday we ran the 21s,28,MG42,MP40,MaDuece,G3,Suomi 31,M2 Carbines,Macs,STens,Minimi,1919s,UZI,and AKs...if it went bang I pulled the trigger.. biggrin.gif wink.gif

I will check back with you in a week or so to see if you are yet finished cleaning all your items. cool.gif

#11 duck52

duck52

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:04 PM

I've put 1500 rounds through my 28 since I got it in September. I didn't buy it to look at it gathering dust!

#12 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:13 PM

Ah ..the MaDuece,Minimi,1919,and G3 belong to buddies..so I`m off the hook on cleaning those few...however if you want to lend a hand with the rest, Jim, I`ll save some room on the cleaning bench... biggrin.gif..picked up a lot of brass too...hint, hint.. wink.gif

#13 docmolar

docmolar

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:13 PM

Hello My Name is Randy and I am a addict and can`t Help myself.
I am a collector of shooters !

And as of this saturday I will be united with my first TSMG, hopefully not my last....... cool.gif

#14 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (21 smoker @ Mar 1 2006, 09:13 PM)
Ah ..the MaDuece,Minimi,1919,and G3 belong to buddies..so I`m off the hook on cleaning those few...however if you want to lend a hand with the rest, Jim, I`ll save some room on the cleaning bench... biggrin.gif..picked up a lot of brass too...hint, hint.. wink.gif

I only clean what I get to shoot.

If you are ever in Florida let me know and i will bring the Hoppes, patches, rods and also the ammo to dirty the stuff up and throughly enough helping to clean the items. cool.gif

#15 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

I shoot both Savages every chance I get, but even then, that's not too often. I have no qualms about shooting, and enjoy taking them apart afterwards. I just wished I could afford some more class IIIs, maybe an MP40 or even a Vickers. I'd shoot the devil out of them too.

#16 Reenactor

Reenactor

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:47 PM

Shoot what you collect. We planned on having more fun, but a lot of non Class III stuff got onto the table, so we had to do the Macs and MP40 and Ac556 and ... the next time. Cleaning IS a bear. user posted image

#17 cavediver

cavediver

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:All types of full auto weapons, Cannons and hunting.

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:59 PM

Awesome collection. I really want an MP5 for my next gun. Cant wait untill the paper comes back for the Grease gun.

#18 Paul in PA

Paul in PA

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:U.S. Military Firearms from the First Half of the Twentieth Century. Life Member of the NRA and a retired O-6 from the U.S. Air Force.

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:26 AM

I am both, a collector and a shooter. In class 3, I currently only have an AO USGI M-1A1, have quite a few Garands, Carbines and 1911s. WW-II US weapons are my focus. However if I own it and it is safe to make noice it get's shot.

Case closed no fun having them and not firing them. Besides how can a history buff get a better understanding of a weapon unless he learns by using. Had a Luger once, a fantastic piece of workmanship and design. But like all lugers, without the right ammo it would malfunction on a regular basis. Compared to the 1911 which works with most anything. So which would you have rather had in WW-I or WW-II. A book just does not make it real knowledge.

With three children, I just wish I could afford another SMG or two. Really would like either an MP-40, Beretta 38, Greasegun, M-2 carbine or a STEN. Have owned or shot all of the above except the STEN. Had to sell them to make the down payment on my house. Both have gone up in value, so I really don't regret it. Need a place to live.

Love to shoot them and wish I could more often. Class 3 friendly ranges are also an issue, usually can find a place to fire SMGs, but belt-fed is a hard thing to do, in SE Pennsylvania.

Paul in PA

#19 2dogsfightin

2dogsfightin

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:32 AM

Any trigger time is good time....FA trigger time is the best time..... My motto is

SHOOT 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM....... biggrin.gif

2Dogs......OUT

#20 ClevelandShooter

ClevelandShooter

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Class 3,Beer, VietNam era small arms, Beer, Harley-Davidson's, Beer, and as Car and driver once said "Torque and Recoil"

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:26 AM

The handle says it all.
Bill Out