I shoot'm all.
Kevin

#22 Bill in VA

Bill in VA

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:56 PM

I collect shooters (and shoot at collectors, if need be.)

#23 TNKen

TNKen

• Regular Group
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, machine guns, defensive handgun competition, snow skiing and ski patrol, my children

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (JimFromFL @ Mar 1 2006, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (21 smoker @ Mar 1 2006, 09:13 PM)
Ah ..the MaDuece,Minimi,1919,and G3 belong to buddies..so I`m off the hook on cleaning those few...however if you want to lend a hand with the rest, Jim, I`ll save some room on the cleaning bench... biggrin.gif..picked up a lot of brass too...hint, hint.. wink.gif

I only clean what I get to shoot.

If you are ever in Florida let me know and i will bring the Hoppes, patches, rods and also the ammo to dirty the stuff up and throughly enough helping to clean the items. cool.gif

Usually takes little more than that--

To take everything for a day of shooting, I usually bring a pump up sprayer with Simple Green, a case of carburator cleaner or Gun Scrubber, a ton of rags, my special mix of oil, and sometimes a propane burner to heat 5 gallon cans of rinse water.

Ken

#24 Greg

Greg

• Regular Group
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Arrowhead hunting, military history, firearms.<br><br>Retired police officer/narcotics officer (24yrs).

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:54 PM

My 28a1 is a shooter. Its a blast to watch peoples faces when they crank off in full auto. I need to get a drum for more of the auto "rush". I'd like to get a Sterling next

#25 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

I wouldn't own a gun that I couldn't shoot at least a little from time to time; however, I don't get volenteres to shoot some of my guns a second time. I admit after about 20 rounds of 458 or 416 Rigby I'm done with them for the scesion.

BB

#26 marks

marks

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Full auto weapons.

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:03 PM

Hi everybody! I'm marks.

I love to shoot but since I'm management I don't get to go near as much as I'd like. sad.gif

Make it a point to go out 2 or 3 times a year though to 'blow off some steam'. ph34r.gif

#27 October1971

October1971

Industry Expert

• Regular Group
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:16 PM

Bought 5 Colt Thompsons in around 1973. The only one I didn't shoot was a 99% serial # 444 which I later sold to Roger Cox.

When we produced the 2-hour Rimfire Productions Thompson video in 1993, we shot both my Champaign IL PD and 3-digit Colt which I believe became Gordon Herigstad's first Colt Tommy.

Only thing I would caution now is to use GI internals when shooting an expensive Colt. When you crack or break a Colt actuator, the replacement ain't cheap!

#28 jerrys

jerrys

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:11 AM

I like docmolar's reply - I'm a collector of shooters. My M1A1 and 28AC get shot with regularity. The 21/28 only occasionally. However all the HK's, UZI's MAC's, M16, M16/9, Sterling, Swedish K, Beretta 38, MP 40 and American 180 are range regulars. The staff love to see me coming since they're always curious as to "what did you bring today". They all have their favorities they like to shoot.

#29 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 888 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:39 AM

The guns will become safe queens the same time I marry Kiera Knightly and put her in the safe beside them.

#30 guy sajer

guy sajer

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:05 AM

I collect US military weapons . Civil War to present . I don't shoot them all regularly , but I have shot them all except the CW era percussion Colt & Smith Carbine .
I'll shoot my C3 several times a year . M1 , M3 & RR SP1