Wh M1

Just found out our local Sherrif Departmet sold a WH M1 and several 30 round mags for $11,000.00. I'd looked at it in the past and it was in good condition. I'm still trying to get a local police dept to sell their Colt 21, but I keep getting told their having problems locating the proper paperwork.

I know one sheriff's deputy here locally who carried a TSMG in his patrol car up until the early to mid 80's.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Of course, the same fellow also carried a BAR (confiscated, not purchased) from time to time too.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Phil,

But those receivers would have the Bridgeport address, not the West Hurley. At most it would have the "N.A.C." prefix. If this is an actual West Hurley M1, as made by Trast in 1985, then one would think it was confiscated.

PD's in the 1970's were either trading their Colt/WWII TSMG's for M-16's etc, or holding on to them. But why would a PD buy a WH M1 in or after 1985?

I know of no NAC marked M1s or M1A1s with USGI receivers. The NAC guns were '21s, '28s, and '28A1s with original receivers, unless someone has seen differently.

That's still one of the lower prices that I've seen recently for a WH M1, though. PK will have it shortly!

QUOTE (TSMGguy @ Mar 3 2006, 10:20 AM)
I know of no NAC marked M1s or M1A1s. The NAC guns were '21s, '28s, and '28A1s with original receivers, unless someone has seen differently. <p>That's still one of the lower prices that I've seen recently for a WH M1, though. PK will have it shortly!

Unless....

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/Polythemus/m1a1_2.jpg

Sheriff's Departments are a little different than police departments in that a Sheriff is an elected official. For the most part, a Sheriff can make a purchasing decision within his or her budget without having to answer to anyone. I think it very possible more than a few NAC's and West Hurley's Thompson’s were sold to Sheriff's Departments. A donation is certainly another likely scenario. N.A.C. - 45 is one interesting M1A1 Thompson. I would guess there are a few more around in that Numrich Arms advertised both M1 and 1928 Thompson’s for sale shortly after acquiring all the assets related to the Thompson Submachine Gun. The M1's were priced at $150 and the 1921/28 models were priced at $195.00.

hey the guy who owns that engraved baby.bought a nice 1928 savage off me last year. and he love's that one. a engraver's fine art..take care,ron

p.s. and somebody said i don't no nothin or anybody!!

Sorry I didn't say it in the first post. It was given to the SO by a widow.