Photo
- - - - -

Split the Thompson Boards?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Should each model Thompson have its own separate message board?? (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Should each model Thompson have its own separate message board??

1. YES - Create a new forum for each model. (7 votes [11.86%])

Percentage of vote: 11.86%

2. No - Leave as is dummy!! (52 votes [88.14%])

Percentage of vote: 88.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Kevin

Kevin

• Regular Group
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Airplanes
    Guns
    Hot Rods

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:22 PM

Don't change it. Lot's of good info for both F/A and S/A guns

#42 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 19 July 2003 - 10:31 PM

Jim--
That Thompson avatar looks too cool. I like the composition! I was going to comment about the other avatar, but I didn't know how close you were attached to it. It reminded me of either a sea creature or my cat, at least when my cat is walking away from me. tongue.gif

#43 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 20 July 2003 - 10:25 PM

A sea creature ohmy.gif or your cats ass laugh.gif ???!!! Sgt, your killen me blink.gif !!!!... I'm glad you like my new one better biggrin.gif (hell, who knows, I might change it every week from now on tongue.gif ) then the "sea creature" ohmy.gif . (Let me know if you ever want to see the "sea creature" ohmy.gif again, I'll put-er-up again!! laugh.gif !!!)

So what so you think about this pole huh.gif ?, I'd say "this pole is over" wink.gif , we stay together and united to the end... (Here, wink.gif Here)

And yes, Lionhart, you are the grand prize winner biggrin.gif , it was a "Drum Pouch Flap Cover wink.gif ". Thanks for stopping in to play cool.gif !!!....

Well its been real biggrin.gif , but I must be OFF. ohmy.gif ... (Ya, thats what my wife says too!! laugh.gif )

Jim biggrin.gif

#44 geodkyt

geodkyt

• Regular Group
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 01:11 PM

I say that FAQs for each of the boards are critical. Heck, put out the existance of the FAQs in the registration e-Mail!

#45 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 21 July 2003 - 07:55 PM

Well George,

Looks like the "Board God" (Nick) has granted your wish wink.gif "FAQs for each board" and looks like you can go ahead & lead the way ohmy.gif , I'll follow you... biggrin.gif

It is a good idea.

Thanks, laugh.gif
Jim

#46 Bridgeport28A1

Bridgeport28A1

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 846 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 08:13 PM

Keep the board as it is currently.

#47 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 09:45 PM

Creating a new forum for each model would be over kill, but not a form for Semi and one for Full Autos. I believe that would be proper.

#48 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3443 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 10:46 AM

Nick,
I think you should have phrased the question as separate boards for full and semi, not one for each model.

#49 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 22 July 2003 - 04:31 PM

Looks like the Votes are to keep things they way they are. Good choice!

#50 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 08:11 PM

I just noticed there are two Browning Message Boards. One for full auto and one for semi.
If they can do it, so can we for the Thompson. tongue.gif

#51 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3443 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 12:26 AM

Go Jim! Go!....Vote Now!..The way Nick loaded the question it did make it lethal for any change.

#52 bug

bug

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1466 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, shooting, reloading, metalworking, woodworking, photography.

Posted 23 July 2003 - 09:05 AM

No

#53 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 23 July 2003 - 09:53 AM

Hello all, I say leave the board as is, since there are many of us who can only legally own the semi, yet would love to own full-auto (and are learning a great deal by being a part of this association of like-minded individuals). I, for one, would like to move to a full-auto friendly state, yet, for the present, will remain in N.Y. to fight Chuck, Hillary and their ilk. ph34r.gif Please, leave well enough alone. ohmy.gif
Regards, Walter

#54 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 23 July 2003 - 02:13 PM

It would appear that the Majority of Members prefer to leave the Board As Is. I couldn't agree more....

#55 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 23 July 2003 - 07:54 PM

Hey, Nick, how about splitting it into a Colt Thompson board and All Other Thompsons Board? cool.gif Won't make everybody happy, but might make s mad.gif mebody happy...

#56 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3443 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 08:07 PM

Chris,
I don't think a separate board would hurt your T-shirt sales.

#57 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 23 July 2003 - 08:16 PM

Oh, Arthur! I was just having some fun at your expense. Seriously, if they do get split, I agree they don't need to be set up by various makes or models. Still, I hate to see us all split down the middle (or 95/5).

And, according to Nick, he's only sold 4 shirts (I believe two of them were he and I). BUY SHIRTS! It only helps supports the boards. And, contrary to what you think, I don't make a dime on them. Though I am hopeful when the thongs undies come out next week.

BTW, how come we never get to hear about your Thompson? Pictures! We'd love to see pics. Share... And you need a dorky Avatar like the rest of us.

#58 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 23 July 2003 - 08:33 PM

How's this for an idea, have a S/A and F/A icon that we can tag our posts with if it might apply. Just a thought, I get to fire both although I shoot the semi more. I do peruse the other boards, the grease gun one to get rid of some mags and the Sten one once one of my friends got one and I got to shoot it, or as the most recent case may be about got shot by it. I've never seen an M3 grease gun or thompson dropped but can tell you from experiance if a sten get knocked off a table BAD things can and do happen.

BB smile.gif

It's bad enough that the politicians are trying to divide and concqor with so called asalt weapons... ( Mrs. Brady's mouth should be registered) we don't need to help them by subdeviding ourselves. I feel lucky to get to shoot the F/A model even if I have to go out of state, I own a semi but I sure would like see the FAQ board done, seems like some new people would ask the same questions every couple of months.

#59 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3443 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 10:41 PM

Chris,
I definitely still have one foot planted in the last century. I do not possess the new camera tech capable of inputing images on a computer. When I finally break down my resistance to this new photo technology, I will post pics of Colt 28N SMG on the photo board. Perhaps a shirt depicting Ursula Andress (circa 1966) brandishing a Chicago typewriter might improve sales?...Just a libidinous thought.

#60 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 05:46 AM

Arthur:

Yes, Daguerreotype bad, digital good! Drag that foot into the 21st century; I look forward to some pics one day. (Actually I, too, am dragging myself...slowly...away from my old Fujichromes and Kodachromes).

Ursula Andress eh? Hmmmm.....

user posted image

Interesting thought. Sgt: can you help?