Curio And Relics

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2061 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the corrections guys. hail.gif

I will look up what I thought I was talking about before I post next time!

#22 45fan

45fan

• Regular Group
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:10 PM

If you have a corp. entity, you can make it the C&R licensee. Transfer C&R Title II weapons to the corp. About as quick and painless as it gets for a non-SOT.

#23 kilroyjones

kilroyjones

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

Another benifit (or drain on your wallet) the ATF has ruled that a faxed copy of an FFL is acceptable, rather than having to mail a copy. You can get your FFL on file with the distributors that much faster, and start spending money.

You might want to check out cruffler.com It is a forum on C&R, not sure if there is much on class 3, but a lot of good information on C&R's. Plus people post reviews of the various companys and the quality of the surplus guns they are selling.

#24 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

Shhhh! When Hillary and the rest of the libs find out how cool a C&R is you can bet there will be outrage!

#25 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3453 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:04 PM

It seems some firearms sellers do not appreciate C&R license holders. Here is an example of the conflicting opinions this Gunbroker seller (flowboy143) has in regards to dealing with C&R holders:

Information added 11/28/2004 11:26:38 AM:
I have been ask alot about why I dont accept C&R FFL's. Because of dishonest people taking off the parts they want or need And then returning the firearm. NO C&R'S will be accepted.

[Information added 09/24/2005 9:47:42 PM]
SORRY TO ANYONE I HAVE NOT REPLIED BACK TO. I HAVE BEEN BRINGING RELIEF SUPPLIES TO GULFPORT,& BILOXI, MS. AS TO ALL THE RUDE COMMENTS ITS TO BAD YOU HAVE TO BE SO IMMATURE. BUT YOU PROVE MY POINT ABOUT C&R HOLDERSĀ 

[Information added 01/08/2006 2:02:42 PM]
ATTENTION ALL C&R HOLDERS I WILL ACCEPT YOUR LIC. BUT ALL SALES WILL BE FINAL. AND THERE WILL BE NO THREE DAY INSPECTION.

I guess FFL licensed dealers are considered honorable, honest and trustworthy while C&R holders are scammers, connivers and people to do business with as a last resort.