Question On 30 Rd. Magazine Markings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:10 PM

I was going through my colleciton of non-descript magazines and discovered one Seymour 30 round with a V stamped on the bottom of the face. I checked AT2 and didn't see a reference but there is a pic on 338 of an experimental Crosby mag with the same V. Anyone know what it is?

#2 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3453 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:22 PM

These were special theme mags made on February 14.

#3 Warden

Warden

• Regular Group
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Harley-Davidson motorcycles (especially the older ones), Military type weapons, and more than anything, my wife and kids.

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:38 AM

I have a 30 rd. Seymour magazine (modified for semi-auto) with a "V" stamped into the lower face. I was wondering what that was too. I also have some 30 rd. Seymour mags (modified) if anyone is interested.

#4 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:24 PM

Arty,

If I didn't know the high level of regard in which alll your opinons are held by the majority of the board members I'd think you were pulling my leg.

Do you mind if I quote you as my expert source when I put this historically significant item up on eBay?

#5 TSMG28

TSMG28

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:00 PM

This topic was discussed in a thread back in December 2003 (V marked mags). I don't know that anybody ever did find an answer.

As I said in that post, I doubt the V was for victory since it shows up in one of the Crosby mags that was used to develop the XXX mag. That was long before VE or VJ days.

Phil, they are definitely looking at a V stamp, not the Brit broad arrow.

#6 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:45 PM

I have one that is nickle plated. It is a big "V" for sure. Someone bastardized it for a semi gun, but it still looks cool. Tracie had mine at the NRA show in Pa. a couple years back.