I Need A Repro Front Vertical Grip

GI ones are not readily available that I have seen.

Watch out for Kahr 3/4" grip mount front grips. They will attach to your 1/2" gripmount, but they are not right. there are some on evilbay from time to time. They are also slab sided, and usually not very pleasing to look at.

Sarco sold one a while ago, made in India, I believe. The profile was all wrong. It would not even allow my fat hands to fit between the thumb and first finger! They are usually very light colored FWIW.

The best thing you can do is contact Deerslayer here on the board. He make all types of Thompson wood parts, and I would bet all of us here who have it are very satisfied with it, as you will be too!

Please pardon my ignorance, but what is a Colt 1928A1 Thompson? I am aware of Savage and Auto Ordnance 1928A1 Thompsons and Colt 1921/8 overstamped Thompsons.

As I understand it, the Savage and Auto Ordnance 1928A1 Thompsons would normally have a horizontal grip.

Thanks.

Anyway, Sportsmans Guide is another source for a 1/2" grip mount vertical grip. Stated for information, not an endorsement.

Best of luck.

Couldn't you simply take a vertical grip from one of the parts kits and rout it out for a WH 3/4 inch mounting bar? I know I have an ugly slab side around here somewhere.

Mark