• 906 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:33 AM

hail.gif Calling Trooper Anderson..

#4 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2086 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:24 AM

Wasn't his mug in the Indiana State MG Shoot website? Good way to spend time!

#5 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4582 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:40 AM

No, that was the elusive Brickyard with his buddies.

user posted image

#6 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

Wow! What year is it? Hello, boys! Has it been so long? I am so sorry to have been away. I have so neglected my Thompson friends here, but life just got so busy. Still Troopin' in far west Kentucky, chasing speeders and slipping around in the blood on the highway. Can't say things are much slower today, but I am slowly getting the Thompson fire back inside of me. Not that it ever really went away mind you. Aside from playing whack-a-mole Thompson style, my prized possession has been sitting safely in the gun safe. Now I am itching to buy a drum or two and get some more of PK's body work done on the ole Hurley. This will be my spring project I think.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Been fiddling around the board and much has changed since I was last here. Got a lot of catching up to do.

Did any of you get to see my Youtube video of killing a mole with the Tommy? Well, it was BANNED for cruelty to animals and violating the Youtube policy against such things. I was placed on probation, so I've had to really watch my nose as of late!

Take care!

PS: Are any of the Crosby repro drums I hear tell about still available?

Here's an updated picture of the Thompson and violin case.

Attached File  Thompson_Cased_1928_800.jpg   300.82K   46 downloads

Next I hope to get it polished up and perhaps replace the Cutts with a ring sight.

#7 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:26 PM

Numrich says they still have some at $199.95, remember to get on the list for the drum greaser.... cool.gif

http://e-gunparts.co...o...rSKU=&MC=YJ

Edited by Hawkeye_Joe, 18 December 2008 - 07:27 PM.

#8 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Chris: The best price on the Crosby repros are at Fortunelot.com, selling at $169.95, I just hope I saved you some money.

MIke Hammer

#9 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:01 AM

Mike, are they marked or unmarked? CG

#10 DINK

DINK

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:44 AM

That was a GREAT video on YouTube! I admire your patience.

Was the prey mounted or cooked afterwards?

#11 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

Chris: I'm not sure how the drums from Fortunelot are marked. I was under the assumption that only about 200 of the first Crosby repros were marked as such, and the later batches omitted certain markings. Perhaps someone who has bought one from Fortunelot can chime in here?

Mike Hammer

#12 Elbow

Elbow

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (The1930sRust @ Dec 18 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did any of you get to see my Youtube video of killing a mole with the Tommy? Well, it was BANNED for cruelty to animals and violating the Youtube policy against such things. I was placed on probation, so I've had to really watch my nose as of late!

I seen your video. I liked it so added some stuff to it awhile back, don't know if you saw it then so here it is again. Hope you don't mind.

[/img]

#13 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4347 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Mike Hammer @ Dec 19 2008, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chris: I'm not sure how the drums from Fortunelot are marked. I was under the assumption that only about 200 of the first Crosby repros were marked as such, and the later batches omitted certain markings. Perhaps someone who has bought one from Fortunelot can chime in here?

Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer,

Yes, I would be very interested in seeing the current markings of the reproduction "Crosby" drums, if anyone has purchased one of the recently manufactured ones. I have one of the original 200, and thought about ordering one of the new ones, but want to be sure there is a difference before I spend the money. If anyone has one they can photograph, I would like to see it, and possibly include it in the Thompson magazine & drum pinned post at the top of the board.

Thanks!

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

#14 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:38 AM

You're hoping for a difference?

CG

QUOTE (dalbert @ Dec 19 2008, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Mike Hammer @ Dec 19 2008, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer,

Yes, I would be very interested in seeing the current markings of the reproduction "Crosby" drums, if anyone has purchased one of the recently manufactured ones. I have one of the original 200, and thought about ordering one of the new ones, but want to be sure there is a difference before I spend the money. If anyone has one they can photograph, I would like to see it, and possibly include it in the Thompson magazine & drum pinned post at the top of the board.

Thanks!

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

#15 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4347 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (The1930sRust @ Dec 20 2008, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CG

CG,

Yes, I'm thinking they are no longer marked with the Thompson logo. I also want to see if they are still Crosby marked.

David

#16 Bridgeport28A1

Bridgeport28A1

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 908 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (dalbert @ Dec 20 2008, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (The1930sRust @ Dec 20 2008, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CG

CG,

Yes, I'm thinking they are no longer marked with the Thompson logo. I also want to see if they are still Crosby marked.

David

David, I bought two reproduction L drums from Numrich Gun Parts in 2007 and 2008. Each drum was marked THE CROSBY CO. the same as your example in the reproduction pinned topic. I do not know if these were from the original 200 drum lot that people refer to or if Numrich has some sort of arraignment with Kahr to continue to sell the reproduction drums with wording THOMPSON SUBMACHINE GUN and THE CROSBY CO.

I do not know if the Fortunelot reproduction drums are marked THE CROSBY CO or are unmarked. Anyone out there buy a Fortunelot drum that can report on it's description?

Ross

#17 hrt4me

hrt4me

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:20 AM

I'll be a guinea pig and order an L drum from Fortune Lot if nobody else has yet....

Edited by hrt4me, 22 December 2008 - 01:20 AM.

#18 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:09 AM

Did you order the drum from Fortune? Waiting to see what you come up with before I drop paper at Numrich or Fortune....

QUOTE (hrt4me @ Dec 22 2008, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be a guinea pig and order an L drum from Fortune Lot if nobody else has yet....

#19 hrt4me

hrt4me

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (The1930sRust @ Dec 28 2008, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you order the drum from Fortune? Waiting to see what you come up with before I drop paper at Numrich or Fortune....

QUOTE (hrt4me @ Dec 22 2008, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not yet, but I was just about to order one this evening...