Interesting Case On Ebay

QUOTE (1921A @ Mar 16 2006, 10:31 PM)
British WW II issue from North African desert war.  Looks like it's missing the pad from bottom of case.

I believe the one I have has a pad in the top and bottom.

Like this one perhaps?

http://i24.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/88/d3/64_1.JPG

Do the mags just insert on the sides, with none stored in the middle of the box? If that is the case, it doesn't seem to be a very efficient used of space.

QUOTE (Sgt @ Mar 17 2006, 07:04 AM)
Do the mags just insert on the sides, with none stored in the middle of the box? If that is the case, it doesn't seem to be a very efficient used of space.

If this is an issue item for the British 1928, remember that they where hideously expensive weapons at that time. As a reference point, the magazine for a Bren gun (which was built with the same production quality as the Thompson) cost the equivalent of 1/2 of a week's wages for an average shop worker.

Also, look closely and use your imagination - with all of the slots fitted with loaded 20 round magazines, there's just enough room to get your fist into the center of them. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I would like to have one of those or even a reproduction that would hold 30rd mags- be a nice way to keep track of them as right now I have them everywhere.

Mark

Hi Ron,

Have no fear. The Lorry box mags are shooter quality pat. dated mags I picked up just for this display. The original greased felt material is on the bottom and the top just like it should be.

You take care,

Carey