• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Frank Iannamico

Frank Iannamico

Website Founder & Industry Expert

• 1017 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 02:20 AM

To all TCA members...

If you have seen the latest TCA newsletter you already know that the 2004 show and shoot will be held at the NRA museum in VA.

The TCA will also have an exibit in the museum

The Museum exibit grand opening will be on 3/18/04 and run thru 12/31/04.
TCA members will receive an invitation in the mail.

The TCA exibit will include over 50 Thompsons and 170 items including
Presentaton Thompsons that were given to the engineers, Thompson's personal gun, USMC and British models, movie props, minatures, canvas, drums, magazines and MORE. A catalog of the exibit will be available from the NRA.

This is another positive step taken by the TCA to give collectors of C3 items some good publicity and credibility.

#2 Murray

Murray

New Zealand Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:1921 and 1928 Thompsons, Luger pistols.

Posted 30 October 2003 - 03:05 AM

Frank,
We have recevied and read the latest TCA news letter and are amazed at what we read about the proposed Thompson display in the NRA "hall of fame'' if there is a better word.
Just to let you know that my wife (Jan) and I together with some other Thompson collectors from New Zealand feel that it is so significant that we will be making the 8000 mile journey for the show and exhibition at the time designated.
Many thanks to the TCA for a truly honourable and world wide important display.

#3 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 30 October 2003 - 06:18 AM

Wow, that's great news Frank! biggrin.gif cool.gif Someone once sent the address for the TCA to me. However, I seem to have misplaced it. I can't think of a better time to become a member. rolleyes.gif So, if somone could post the address or email address here, it would be greatly appreciated. smile.gif That way any other members of this board (or visitors) could contact TCA for a membership application. rolleyes.gif cool.gif Regards, Walter

#4 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 30 October 2003 - 07:02 AM

Walter63a and others.
You can send a check or money order for $30 to:

TCA
pob 8710
Newark,Oh 43058-8710
include your name
address
city,state,zip
country
date of birth
NRA member(?)

Included all that and Tracie will get you registered and you will recieve the quarterly newletter with all the info you could ever imagine. And some cool photos of Thompson related items.See you in Virginia in August.

#5 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 30 October 2003 - 02:53 PM

Thanks Sir full auto 45!! It will be in my next batch of snail mail. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

#6 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 30 October 2003 - 10:52 PM

I read the article in the TCA letter, it is a very good thing. Also membership with TCA allows one to attend the show/shoot..... smile.gif