Kahr Semi Cocking Knobs?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dixiejarhead

dixiejarhead

• Regular Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

Hey guys - newbie here. Just got my tax stamp in for my SBR on my Kahr.

http://fototime.com/...AB/standard.jpg
http://fototime.com/...03/standard.jpg

Question is, where do I obtain a cocking knob that looks better than that abortion they put on the semi autos?

Also, anyone have a line on the e-z cock springs?

Thanks in advance!

#2 SecondAmend

SecondAmend

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 610 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:18 AM

Welcome to the forum.

I believe you mean "EZ Pull". I think EZ cock is a different Internet site - maybe something like www.gigalo_for_hire.com.

On the FAQs, the Tommygunner site should have the products you seek. In the past, the EZ Pull has received mixed reviews. I have no personal experience or opinion so I suggest a search of older threads here.

Good luck with your Thompson.

#3 kilroyjones

kilroyjones

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:52 AM

In the FAQ section there is contact info for Doug Richardson. Doug makes some great looking knurled cocking knobs for the WH and Kahr semis. I have one on my Kahr and it looks 100% better than the factory knob.

#4 Warden

Warden

• Regular Group
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Harley-Davidson motorcycles (especially the older ones), Military type weapons, and more than anything, my wife and kids.

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:08 AM

I have a set of E-Z Pull springs that I wasn't very happy with and was going to send them back to Tommygunner for a refund of $65.00. (Exactly what I paid)

If you are interested, e-mail.

Dave

#5 Motorcar

Motorcar

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 804 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:29 PM

Here is the Doug Richardson '21/28 style knob on my '27 smile.gif You wont regret getting one of his on your SBR!

user posted image

#6 Stainless

Stainless

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:35 PM

What did you not like about your EZ pull springs? I was thinking about getting a set myself
Thanks

#7 Warden

Warden

• Regular Group
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Harley-Davidson motorcycles (especially the older ones), Military type weapons, and more than anything, my wife and kids.

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:00 PM

I have an older West Hurley and the springs wouldn't fully chamber rounds once in a while. It seems that they work in some and not in others so I guess mine is one of the others.

sad.gif

Dave

#8 dixiejarhead

dixiejarhead

• Regular Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

Guys, thanks to you all for the information! I perused the FAQs but just did not know where to look.

Motorcar - that is one FABULOUS looking tommy!

Thanks again!

#9 marek

marek

• Regular Group
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:57 PM

I have NIW Doug Richardson '21/28 style knob. Never put on gun I can sell it . Thanks

#10 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2487 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:14 PM

Hiya Wayne,

Told you that this was the place to come for info.. cool.gif

#11 ghostsoldier

ghostsoldier

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:WW2 history, gangsters, Public Enemies and G-Men history

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:51 PM

Wayne...good to see you! Welcome to the OTHER forum! Here you'll find all the factual data and opinionated views about the Thompson submachine gun and it's convoluted history you would ever want to know! tongue.gif
I bought my EZ Pull spring set directly from Dave Janowski for 50 bucks...I believe he's still on the board here... and I love 'em. Never had a jam or a failure to load, and it sure as hell is easier to operate! smile.gif
Anyways..good to have you aboard!
Rob

#12 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:29 PM

I had perfect performance with my ez pull. I also got the repro knob from Doug. -- super craftsmanship!