Thompson For Sale On Gunbroker.com

seems very odd that the upper and lower numbers match and show such different condition of surface finishes. It's all Hallows eve, and this might be one of the tricks. I'd check real careful in person to make sure the lower was not renumered to match....

BB

Vito always has a Thompson or 2 for sale. His prices are always very high also. He is several thousand dollars higher on all his guns than anybody else around. But it is a nice looking gun, not $21k nice but nice.

Apparently condition is no longer a factor when gauging the price of a Colt TSMG. This is a 70% gun (being charitable) with a 90% + price. If it looks this bad in photos, imagine what it looks like in person. What is really amusing is that Vito rates the frame as "mint". This word no longer has any meaning. Just look at the obvious scratches around the selectors. Purchasing a Colt TSMG by internet auction, without any in person inspection, can only result in frustration for the buyer.

But there is a guy selling a Savage M1 on Sturmgewehr for $15K adding that one sold at the J.C. Devine auction for $15 + another $2K for buyer's premium, so his is a bargain. I guess if one can get $15K for an M1 TSMG, then $20K for a brown finish looking Colt TSMG must also be a deal?

For the life of me I can not understand why you continue to thrash everybody's gun and their prices....

If you have a 100% gun show it to us and sell it for a bargain price.

If some person wants $15K for his M1 so be it...if Vito wants $21K for his Thompson so be it...back off and let these guys buy and sell and live with it...has someone annointed you the 'Know it all Prophet' of Thompson's, Arthur Fliegenheimer?

If you bought that Thompson on Gunbroker, Arthur would probably congratulate you and tell you to enjoy it. Right now, this forum is indeed for the exchange of information including that of prices. The gun is not too "bad" for the price (condition is fixed)- the price is too high for the gun and being for sale, is open to criricism. There is a lot of frustration when dealers seem to be trying to inflate prices. Exchanging information here is the only way that prices will not artificially inflate.

It's Vito what do you expect?

He wanted to give me 3K for a transferable WH 28 last year.

He delivered a Colt 614 to a friend of mine with an unmarked SEMI carrier in it!

I would not deal with him for any reason.

Pat

I for one have dealed with Vito. I purchased a copy of, The Thompson Submachine Gun by Cox from him last year. He said that it was in "Mint" Condition. Paid $300.00. When I opened up the box, unwrapped the Book, the Dust Cover was torn all to shit, and taped up! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif