Jump to content

- - - - -

Trigger Frame Question

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BASS6621


    New Member

  • Regular Group
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:25 AM

I picked up a '28 parts kit several years ago.
All the parts in the kit were Savage manufacture (S marked),
but the lower frame itself.

This has no acceptance stamp, GEG or "S" mark.
It only has "No 3771" uniformly stamped on the buttstock
rail, very much like a Colt.

I've wondered (hoped) if this might perhaps be a Colt '21 frame.
Is there any other way I can tell?

  • 0

#2 gijive


    Respected Member

  • Board Benefactor
  • 2988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 02 November 2003 - 01:31 PM


The serial number range would be correct for a Colt made Thompson. I checked Tracie Hill's serial number list in his book and there is no information for serial number 3771. Sometimes they are listed as destroyed, which would probably be the case with your grip frame if it is a Colt made gun. The receiver was probably detroyed at some point and the grip frame survived to be put on a Savage gun.

Check under the rear grip area. I think some Colt's have some type of manufacturing mark there on some guns. There is really no other way to tell other than to compare the serial number font style to other Colt guns.

Which way do the Fire and Safe arrows point? Do they point downward or horizontally. If you can, why don't you post a picture on thge list?
  • 0