For Sale At Local Gun Show

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johneh

johneh

• Regular Group
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 10:50 PM

Today at the local gun show I saw a Auto-Ord. 1927A-1 with three, thirty round mags. Overall appearance very nice. The wood has a few very light, small scratches as did the receiver. The price tag was $750. Is this a fair price or should I just pass?

#2 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 14 November 2003 - 10:57 PM

joneh, I think that is a fairly good price. I bought a 1927A-1 several years ago (new), together with six 30rnd. mags. and the price was about $850. If you can live with the minor scratches, it's probably worth it, as any major mechanical problems were likely solved years ago. smile.gif Regards, Walter

#3 catnipman

catnipman

• Regular Group
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Tommy guns, what else? Actually, other machine guns too, vegetable gardening, cooking, PCs, woodworking, football, travel, cinema, books, medicine, nutrition, politics, cats, and art.

Posted 15 November 2003 - 12:21 PM

I also think that is a fair price. But I would't necessarily assume the gun works well. Be particularly wary if the gun is advertised as having never been shot. Still, assuming the gun was one that the owner actually used, the chances are probably better that it works well than a brand new one from the factory. Whether or not it works well, it's not that big of a deal to get one working well, particularly if you just send it to an expert like PK to get it tuned up.