23 replies to this topic

#21 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3453 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:06 PM

Tommygunner,
Well, then that is the bomb! If only West Hurley had the proper affection for the firearm they produced back in1975, they would have outfitted the gun with this type of frame to begin with. What would these modified 28 frames sell for?

#22 TommyGunner

TommyGunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:The Tommy Gun (duh)
    Fedora Linux
    Hunting

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:15 PM

Arthur,

Thanks! Well since you are coaxing the cat out of the bag, we will produce 21 and a 28 frame. Just a difference in markings really. (custom markings will be available.) At one point in the production some frames will be slated for a 27 and even a semi M1. These frames will then be fitted to accept the semi auto parts and fit tightly to the semi receivers. This should kill several birds with one stone so to speak. I hate to state prices before production is done because it always seems something rears its head along the way and causes the prices to go up. I will venture to high side the estimate and say oh maybe $300 - $350 each. If all goes well....maybe less if possible. Can't wait to have one for my 27!

Damon

#23 Grenadier916

Grenadier916

• Regular Group
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:WW1, WW2 history and wishing I could afford a fullauto 1928

Posted 18 November 2003 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys! This sounds like its more effort and money than I am willing to spend right before X-mas. If someone is interested in this piece then make me an offer I am gonna sell it or trade for Enfields.

#24 PK.

PK.

Technical Expert

• Board Benefactor
  • 1567 posts
  • Interests:Full time gunsmith who loves Thompsons, 35+ years experience.

Posted 18 November 2003 - 09:57 PM

FYI: Link to post Tommygunner mentioned. Photos there may help.

http://www.machinegu...T&f=3&t=301&hl=