• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 .45heater

.45heater

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 03:18 PM

Check this out "new for 2004" http://www.auto-ordn.../ao_t1sb_f.html I think they should figure out how to make the ones they sell now work out of the box!

#2 ThompsonCrazy

ThompsonCrazy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 03:23 PM

Looks kinda of cool??
The permanant buttstock, square vertical grip gotta go....
Wish that I didn't live in MI so that I could SBR my Semi-M1 that actually runs. I guess it is a step in the right direction.

#3 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3453 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 03:27 PM

Thompson Crazy,
Exactly! Kahr keeps going for half measures in their recreation of a Thompson. Kahr cannot farm their own land currently, and now they want to dabble in another field.

#4 TommyGunner

TommyGunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:The Tommy Gun (duh)
    Fedora Linux
    Hunting

Posted 18 November 2003 - 06:18 PM

Holy pricetag! Just for a short barrel! The specs say "10.5", Finned & Threaded (with compensator 18")"

That must be one long compensator unless I am missing something!

Damon

#5 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 08:29 PM

It would be cheaper to purchase a regular 27 with the long barrel, buy the 10 inch and replace it yourself and probably save $300-$500.

#6 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3453 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 08:52 PM

Jim,
Yes, and that way you could still purchase an original Savage barrel and still be ahead of the game.

#7 M1tommygun

M1tommygun

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Military history especially WW2. Firearms. Some aviation and muscle cars.

Posted 18 November 2003 - 08:53 PM

I was going to say the same thing as JimFromFL. I am waiting on my tax stamp from the gummit, and I can see that I will save approx the amount he stated. Heck, the price for the dummy guns is about the same for a firing model. Tommygunner, you should change it from Holy pricetag to Holy pricegouging blink.gif ! Despite all this, they are still cool, and could be the way to go if you do not have the dinero for a full-auto.

Scott

#8 Waffen Und Bier

Waffen Und Bier

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 629 posts
  • Interests:Like the name says "Guns and beer" (and really hot chicks who like guns and beer).

Posted 18 November 2003 - 10:02 PM

Short barrelled weapons, AOW's, suppressors, and destructive devices are every bit as fun and cool as machine guns smile.gif I would SBR a semi M1A1 or 1927 if I didn't / couldn't have full autos.

#9 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1006 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 19 November 2003 - 09:56 AM

TommyGunner: I think you may be right about the compensator being a REALLY LONG compensator. cool.gif Kahr advertises a FBI hard case as an accessory for this gun and since they would need to redesign the FBI hard case to look right with a SBR equipped with a cutts compensator I seriously doubt they have thought that far ahead. huh.gif Therefore a really long compensator solves Kahr's problem. If Kahr designs the really long compensator to fall off (after firing a few shots - so that the SBR will look like a thompson) the owners manual could include a paragraph on how to glue it back on so that the gun would fit the FBI hard case when stored. ph34r.gif

#10 Zoo

Zoo

• Regular Group
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 11:00 AM

It would have made a little more sense to do the semi-M1 like that. At least it would look like the full auto version.

#11 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 19 November 2003 - 11:33 AM

I think the cases they sell are old stock. They come with a label "made in Canada" same as the cases AO sold 20 years ago.