• 124 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 05:18 AM

mmmm...my precious!
some beauties there and no lie..

#3 catnipman

catnipman

• Regular Group
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Tommy guns, what else? Actually, other machine guns too, vegetable gardening, cooking, PCs, woodworking, football, travel, cinema, books, medicine, nutrition, politics, cats, and art.

Posted 28 November 2003 - 10:17 PM

So, it looks to me like those guns are priced to actually sell. Anybody else care to comment on the listed prices?

#4 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4626 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 28 November 2003 - 11:06 PM

I think I saw this ad somewhere else. Aren't these WH guns? Or is a different set? If WH guns it's high. If the '28 are Savage/Bridgeport guns it's a good deal. The M1 if it's a GI gun is a good deal, if it's a WH, it's about $2500-$3500 to high at $10k. I only gave $7k for a Bridgeport this year, with 2 .351 Winchesters thrown in on the deal.

#5 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 29 November 2003 - 05:12 PM

Both 28 type guns appear to be West Hurly, look at wood and markings. If so - a little high priced.

#6 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 30 November 2003 - 05:59 PM

I think these are Westies also. I emailed the guy, no reply yet (my email is screwed - may not have got to him).

What clues me in to this is that the C&R doesn't cover Westies (yet...). That is how he has them labeled.

If anyone find out... please post it!

#7 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 30 November 2003 - 06:07 PM

Judging by the unfinished (read dull looking) nosepiece, they are both Westies. I don't think $9500 is too far out of line. Mike, your Bridgeport: did you get it from a PD or individual? If so, then $7000 doesn't count! If a dealer had bought it, it would have gone on the market, and sold for, in excess of 11~12k I'd be willing to bet.

#8 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 30 November 2003 - 06:11 PM

FWIW, they both appear to be WH.

#9 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4626 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 30 November 2003 - 07:03 PM

Chris the M1 came from a PD. And yes I did get a deal on it but I wouldn't have paid more for it.

#10 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 30 November 2003 - 07:08 PM

Ah, yes, M1. I knew that, but forgot. I thought maybe you picked up a new 28!