Registered Full Auto 1927a1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 02 December 2003 - 02:15 PM

Everybody,

Does anyone know of (or ever heard a rumor of) a West Hurley 1927A1 being converted to a REGISTERED machinegun before the May 19, 1986 ban?

I am just wondering if anyone ever did.

Thanks,

Norm

#2 Bill in VA

Bill in VA

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 08:06 PM

I haven't heard of one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I do know that there are transferrable lightning links made for the WH/Kahr 1927A1s. The only registered 1927s I'm aware of are the original Colt 1927s...a full-auto TSMG that was converted to semi-auto (most were converted back to full-auto), but still considered an SMG by the alphabet boys since it uses a machinegun receiver.

#3 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3637 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 22 December 2003 - 01:55 PM

looking over old posts here sorry,yes ihad one and did sell it to a dealer in wisc.about ten years ago,it was in really nice shape, bought it from another dealer who said it was original out of the factory,when i got it noticed the semi markings and said whazzz-up with that........ he said what did you expect for 3,000.00 go figure.

paperwork still said auto -ord,new york address,

the guy owned a rifle range,and was going to use it for a range rental gun........he seemed happy with it since it was never returned or no complaints..........also that is the only one i ever saw or had........i am sure another is out there............now that i posted this,it just went up 5,0000...rare rare,semi converted to full last week of m.g.ban,get it now,carnie barkers...................wink. take care,ron colt 21 a