- - - - -

1928a1 Lend/lease Thompson

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 TDF

TDF

• Regular Group
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Antique firearms, Western history, Rolls-Royce cars.

Posted 10 December 2003 - 06:40 AM

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to thank everybody again for your response to my question, I really wish I had known about this message board when I had the other full autos. This is a fun chat board! biggrin.gif
TDF.

#22 Tiger Bay

Tiger Bay

• Regular Group
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 08:29 AM

TSMG28:

Legally, that doesn't change anything. Per the state law, EVERYONE has to have a MG permit to posses a MG in NC, even dealers! I'm a C3 dealer and I need to have a permit from my sheriff too. The ATF will reject transfers to me without it. But, as you mentioned, if you have a C&R license, an interstate transport approval isn't required. So how does anyone know if you'd move here with it? They don't. One could move to NC with their TSMG and a C&R license and no one would be the wiser, but you would technically be in violation of state law. Has anyone been prosecuted for no sheriff's permit? Not to my knowledge, but do you want to chance it? My advice would be to ask around about how the local sheriffs are about giving permits. If someone was moving to the Charlotte/Salisbury/Statesville area, I can help you out. In other areas of the state I'd say to contact NCNFA at:

NCNFA

They are a great group that can help you out.

Mike

#23 Tiger Bay

Tiger Bay

• Regular Group
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 04:00 PM

Ah yes, my error, you do have to notify the ATF. Sorry about that. So, back to square one- needing the permit.

Mike