Sar Show

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4621 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 12 December 2003 - 10:16 PM

Gosh, and all I got was a original Thompson .45 Cal to .22 Cal Conversion Unit to convert your .45 cal Thompson to .22 cal by Auto Ordnance Corp, West Hurley, Ny in the box with 2 extra mags and a drum loader. Murray you stinker, you didn't tell me about those drums! That book was a steal, you should have taken the original case it was in also.

#22 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 12 December 2003 - 10:26 PM

Thanks Murray, for clearing that up. biggrin.gif I knew I was probably off on some of the details, as your email did not reach me intact. blink.gif ohmy.gif smile.gif That is still a pretty hefty loss ($405,000), even if your Tommys were not the ones buried at sea. blink.gif ohmy.gif unsure.gif Regards, Walter

#23 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:22 PM

GOOD PICTURE! NICE TO SEE THE FACES BEHIND THE REPUTATIONS.WISH I COULD`VE ATTENDED THE SHOW,MAYBE NEXT YEAR.KEEP POSTING PICS WE LOVE TO SEE THEM.

#24 Randy Lish

Randy Lish

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Thompsons, B.A.R.'s and other firearms that are related to Police & Gangsters from the 1920-30's era. I also am interested in the Mountain Man era 1820's -1840's, as well as the Old West 1870's - 1890's. I've been a law enforcement officer for 34 years and I work part time at a local gunstore.

Posted 14 December 2003 - 12:58 PM

This year's SAR show was very well done and a lot of fun to attend. It was great to see old friends ( Murray Willis, Gordon Herigstad, Doug Richardson & Merle Bitikofer ) again and meet new folks as well ( Don Hall & Mike Hensley ! ) It was also good to hear that Gordon Herigstad has found a company that is going to make the 1921 parts kit metal box! It may appear a little pricey ( $295.00 ) for somefolks, but a lot of things we Thompson people do seem a bit odd to the rest of the world.
Best Regards

Randy

#25 Murray

Murray

New Zealand Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:1921 and 1928 Thompsons, Luger pistols.

Posted 14 December 2003 - 06:46 PM

The parts tin does seem a little expensive but! and there is a huge but, I know that the tooling cost for the tin is very large, (you could buy a nice Colt for the same amount) and the number sold will not be that many.
It will be the only way I will ever be able to purchase such an item, even if it is a reproduction. I have seen the first pressings and in true Gordon style, he will accept nothing short of perfect.
There was a WW2 parts tin in the show which was priced at $1100.00