- - - - -

Old Board Archive Search

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bosco

bosco

• Regular Group
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Harley's, Scuba Diving, UW Photography, WWII History, Salt Water Fishing and Thompsons

Posted 10 December 2003 - 09:36 PM

I need some help from ya'll on searching the old board for certain topics. Being a newly registered member, maybe it's just my ignorance. The search command works just fine on this active board, but I am having errors on the archive board (ie password incorrect, username incorrect, unregistered member).

Is it possible you needed to be a registered member of the old board before you can perform a search there..?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Bosco

#2 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 11 December 2003 - 09:27 AM

bosco--
Welcome to the board. I thought I'd kick this thread back up to the top, since you didn't get a reply. Maybe Frank will chime in on this one, or you might want to email him.

#3 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:35 AM

You can do a search there without having ever been registered for that board.... when you get there just click "search" and narrow down the time it takes to search by using keywords and searching in ONE forum at a time... Remember it looks through millions of words to find matches for you... It is not fast by any means, help it out and narrow down your criteria.

#4 Pa Deuce

Pa Deuce

• Regular Group
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Savage M1 Thompson Submachine Gun, Winchester M1 Carbine, Winchester M1 Garand, Winchester 1918 BAR, High Standard M2HB, Smith & Wesson M1917, Colt's 1911, Colt's 1911A1, Colt's M1908, Rock Island M1903, Winchester M1917

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:01 PM

Hi Nick!

WAY OFF TOPIC, but...
my nurse, when I lived in Missouri (pronounced "Miz'-er-ee") had a name plate with her name and HNIC underneath. She never did tell me what the acronym meant. Can you? unsure.gif

#5 ThompsonCrazy

ThompsonCrazy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:19 PM

Head/Hospital Nurse Intensive Care????
I don't think that Nick is the head Nurse in charge!!!

#6 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 03:42 PM

you'd probably have to watch "Lean On Me" w/Morgan Freeman as "Crazy" Joe to get the meaning smile.gif

#7 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1006 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 11 December 2003 - 04:00 PM

I thought a "head Nurse" was the girl in the nurse's uniform with the dirty knee caps.

#8 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 12 December 2003 - 12:44 AM

hawknest--
After reading your response, I knew there was a reason I keep coming back to this board. LOL

#9 bosco

bosco

• Regular Group
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Harley's, Scuba Diving, UW Photography, WWII History, Salt Water Fishing and Thompsons

Posted 14 December 2003 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for the welcome Sgt....and thank you Nick for the info. But, I still have the same problem searching on the old board. It may be that I have a dail up connection. Will try in on my son's pc with his broadband connection.

It may take a while to check it out with his pc, because he lives with my ex. Oh, and by the way my ex was a "head nurse" (surgery) ... are used to be...LOL

thanks,

bosco